* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Having taken a big step forward from his debut run when winning in fine style last time, Vaccine looks a major player. However, he has to give weight to some promising types and one of them, RICH KING, may prove too strong having shaped nicely on his debut when well backed. Other promising types worthy of consideration include Head Chef, Heights Of Aran, One More Try and Rollajam. Meanwhile, Leopold Bloom is an interesting newcomer.
Although Mahagoni sets the standard, he looks vulnerable under his penalty against some unexposed rivals. The pick of which may be TUSCAN, who contested what looked to be quite a strong maiden at Newmarket on debut and showed some promise. He gets a narrow vote ahead of Green Team, with Mister Camacho also considered.
A surprise winner on debut, St Andrew’s Castle should improve but has a penalty to carry and there may be at least one too good for him in receipt of weight. The vote goes to FORGIVABLE, who caught the eye when fourth on debut and is presumably held in high regard given his Group-race entries in the autumn. Power Generation may give him most to do, while Sherdil and Raydoun are others to consider in what should be an informative contest.
Soul Seeker continues to defy the handicapper and has another big run in him, but it might be worth giving COWBOY SOLDIER another chance despite his somewhat depressing recent form figures.
He is well treated and clearly retains ability judged on his reappearance second here. There have been excuses since and this may well have been the aim for the yard that won this in 2017. James Watt and Princess Power are others who can be in the firing line.
This could be the day on which things drop right for Tommy Tittlemouse, but he wouldn’t be one to place maximum faith in. The same could be said (to a lesser degree) about VANITAS, who has also been suffering from bad luck in running but she looks more than capable of winning off this sort of mark and the return to 7 furlongs could well be a plus. In an open contest, Northbound – who is rated the main danger – Cleveleys, Trevolli and Celestial Queen also have decent claims.
Market support for Swiss Knight would make him interesting, while Irv would also make some appeal if rain stayed away. However, the finish could be fought out by Turandot and PARYS MOUNTAIN, with slight preference for Tim Easterby’s gelding in the hope a recent wind operation has had a positive effect.
Few of these are regular winners, but MYBOYMAX (Nap) is on a roll and a 6lbs penalty may not be enough to prevent his hat-trick. De Mazzaro, another success story for Tristan Davidson, may prove the main danger while topweight Galidermes also merits plenty of respect.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- York Ebor Festival: 5 antepost favourites for next week’s biggest races
- Horse Racing tips: Through the card at Newbury on Friday with Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: Here’s 5 top Friday fancies for the Curragh & Tramore
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 6 best bets at Wolverhampton on Friday
- NAP of the Day: Today’s NAPs table of horse racing tips in the UK & Ireland
- Horse Racing tips: The 6 best bets at Newmarket on Friday