* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
FIRTH OF CLYDE was a shade disappointing when failing to justify favouritism at Epsom a fortnight ago but he’s well worth another chance given his debut promise. New Pursuit must concede a penalty but has to be feared, while Improvise looks an interesting newcomer.
RAATEA has made a good start for his new yard, and with his latest effort at York easily overlooked, he remains one to be interested in. Windsor scorer Al Saariyah seems sure to go well again following a small rise, while Pistoletto will find this much easier than his latest assignment at Ascot and is also considered.
A gelded son of Invincible Spirit, SAGA is bred to be useful and shaped with plenty of promise when runner-up on debut over 7f here 3 weeks ago. That experience won’t have been wasted on him and he can make it second time lucky. That said, Coroebus is a very appealing newcomer who demands plenty of respect. Fellow newcomers Cabrakan and Inverness complete the shortlist.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
MISS SCALETTA is comfortably the least exposed and is bred to be better than a mark of 75, so she’s fancied to resume progress and get the better of some older rivals who, in the main, look vulnerable. Motawaafeq is a player if back to the form he showed when successful here on his penultimate outing, while last-time-out winner Grey Fox, shouldn’t be ignored.
SIENNA BREEZE showed improved form to win a novice at Nottingham last time and looks well treated off a mark of 71 now back in a handicap with William Buick doing the steering. The thriving Contingency Fee looks next best ahead of last month’s C&D scorer Atavique.
The front-running VARIYANN made a good start for his new connections when giving the smart Johan a fight at Salisbury back in June and is narrowly preferred to Sir Michael Stoute handicap newcomer Hydros in a useful contest to end proceedings.
- Horse Racing tips: Through the card at Newbury on Friday with Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: Here’s 5 top Friday fancies for the Curragh & Tramore
- Horse Racing Tips: Gallop over to all the latest tips and news
- Paddy’s Hall of Fame: Audacious acca sees racing punter land £3,275 off just £6 stake
- Click here for our £/€20 risk-free sign up offer