The transfer window may be closed but the big signings keep on coming here at Power Tower and we’re delighted to unveil Jamie Redknapp as our new football ambassador. As soon as the ink was dry on the contract we put him to work straight away, sending him out to surprise Spurs superfan Bob Thomas at his home.
As fans can’t get into stadiums at the moment Jamie and his ‘friend’, the FA Cup, took the game to the people and went to visit Bob on his 90th birthday.
We sent the video lads along to capture what was supposed to be an emotional moment that we could put out on the socials to much adulation and comments like, “That’s class, from a Leasing.com Trophy fan *clap emoji*“.
However, Bob was quickly left reeling when he learns that our Jamie is ‘the best they can do’ on his birthday.
Charming. We could have sent Sol Campbell round, you know! A furious Bob stated: “He never even won the Cup with Spurs!” while dodging the knock at the door.
In the end the ungrateful pensioner and his grandson hid in the kitchen as they waited for the footballer-turned-pundit to disappear. It turns out Bob would have loved to meet Robbie Keane instead. Fair enough, there’s always next year.
It didn’t quite go to plan but we’re sure Jamie will be pleased to know his signed shirt does get put to good use eventually and Bob’s windows have never looked so good.
Fans may well not be back at football games, but that doesn’t mean we can’t ‘surprise’ a 90-year-old Tottenham fan by delivering Jamie Redknapp to his front door.
It may well have ended up in a slight dent to the ego for Jamie, but sure it made the rest of us laugh. Welcome to the team!
- Paddy Power unveil window shopper tribute to Ed Woodward in Manchester
- Liverpool fan opens up after suffering from premature exultation
- Paddy taken for £650k after shock Liverpool and Man Utd meltdowns
Paddy’s footy tips:
- Our 20/1 as Belgium head to Wembley to tackle England
- Bore draw looking likely as Ireland face Wales AGAIN on Sunday
- Euro qualifying hangover could make it a sticky evening for Northern Ireland v Austria
- Goals galore unlikely as Scotland tackle Slovakia at Hampden
- 4 slick picks in our 16/1 acca for Sunday’s Nations League action