Following the overwhelming response from our first two PP Race Nights, we’ve set-up a third event for the end of this week – but this time we’ve rolled out the big guns!
Each race will have exclusive commentary from a number of our friends around the sporting world including: Mr Racing himself Matt Chapman, former top jock & now TV pundit Jason Weaver, Hardy Buck and Shane Lowry’s self-proclaimed caddie Owen Colgan, Mr Paddy Power Social Steven Quick, the best Jerry Hannon impersonator Ryan McCue and host of From The Horse’s Mouth Podcast Tom Nugent.
Paddy has once again teamed up with The Fundraising Events Group to relieve the lockdown tedium with a FREE night at the races – all conducted from an appropriate social distance, naturally.
The race night will work the same way as always, except for even more improvements we’ve made after listening to your feedback.
Did you hear the good news? The PP Race Night is BACK – this Friday at 9pm. Find our more in the video.
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) May 26, 2020
For this Friday’s big night in we’ve got:
- Paddy Power exclusive commentary for all races
- Spreadsheets that can cater for up to 25 people
- Individual race cards for each race – which are easily shareable on WhatsApp
- A start time of 9pm with a finish at around 10.30pm
- All races to be streamed on Twitter
- Silks now added to each racecard so you can easily spot your horse at the back
- Stacks of free bets and prizes up for grabs by simply tweeting your picture using the hashtag #PPRaceNight
Simply click here to download Paddy’s Race Night, round up your online race-going chums for a video call, and log on to our Twitter page @PaddyPower for 9pm this Friday when we’ll stream the first of six races for you to have a virtual punt on.
The pack includes:
- Your ‘How to guide’
- #PPRaceNight Racecard
- Option A – Leaderboard Points System Excel
- Option B – Tote System Excel
We are supplying two different options for your race night – a Leaderboard Points System or a Tote System if you wish to place a few small bets between yourselves.
For the Leaderboard system, everyone should submit their picks before each race – privately to avoid any shenanigans – with 5 points awarded for a winner and 2 for second and third. Our handy Leaderboard sheet included in the download pack will do the sums and whoever has the most points after the six races wins!
For the Tote System, simply pick the horses you’d like to bet on – up to 5 each per race – and we recommend £/€2 per pick but you can change this yourselves if you wish. The pot is then split for each race between whoever picked the winner. The sheet provided does all the calculations for you too – it’s easy.
All the races are recorded contests from way back when, so there’s not much chance any of your virtual race night goers will have a head-start on who is winning and losing.
Of course, you don’t have to bet anything if you don’t want to, this is just for fun – though if you do decide to lay some shekels down we’re recommending you give half the winnings to a good cause.
Here’s the running order for the night’s races:
- Race 1 – 9pm – The 90’s Disco Derby
- Race 2 – 9.15pm – The Wrestling Finishing Moves Hurdle
- Race 3 – 9.30pm – The Internet’s Best Memes Memorial
- Race 4 – 9.45pm – The 90’s TV Shows Trophy
- Race 5 – 10pm – The Stupid Horse Names Derby
- Race 6 – 10.15pm – The Best Dublin Pubs Chase
So get downloading now and get ready to turn your living room the winners’ enclosure this Friday night.
Races will stream every 15 minutes from 9pm on the @PaddyPower Twitter account. Don’t forget to tweet us your pictures for the chance to win some prizes using the hashtag #PPRaceNight.
Click here for everything you need to set up your race night from home. Be lucky!