Forget doing (yet another) quiz on Zoom this Friday… because we’ve got something far more exciting lined up!
Following the success of our first Paddy Power online race night earlier this month, we’ve set-up a second event for the end of this week.
Paddy has teamed up with The Fundraising Events Group to relieve the lockdown tedium with a FREE night at the races – all conducted from an appropriate social distance of course!
The race night will work the same way as last time, except for some improvements we’ve made after listening to your feedback.
For this Friday’s big night in we’ve added:
- Paddy Power exclusive commentary for all races – so you can listen out for your horse
- Spreadsheets that can cater for up to 25 people
- Individual race cards for each race – which are easily shareable on WhatsApp
- A later start time of 9pm with a finish at around 10.30pm
- All races to again be streamed on Twitter
- Upped the time in-between races from 10 minutes to 15 minutes to give you extra breathing space to read the form, grab a beverage or quickly scout YouTube videos for old races
Simply click here to download Paddy’s Race Night, round up your online race-going chums for a video call, and log on to our Twitter page @PaddyPower for 9pm this Friday when we’ll stream the first of six races for you to have a virtual punt on.
The pack includes:
- Your ‘How to guide’
- #PPRaceNight Racecard
- Option A – Leaderboard Points System Excel
- Option B – Tote System Excel
We are supplying you with two different options to run too – Leaderboard Points System or a Tote System if you wish to place a few small bets between yourselves.
For the Leaderboard system, everyone should submit their picks before each race – privately to avoid any shenanigans – with 5 points awarded for a winner and 2 for second and third. Our handy Leaderboard sheet included in the download pack will do the sums and whoever has the most points after the six races wins!
For the Tote System, simply pick the horses you’d like to bet on – up to 5 each per race – and we recommend £/€2 per pick but you can change this yourselves if you wish. The pot is then split for each race between whoever picked the winner. The sheet provided does all the calculations for you too – it’s easy.
All the races are recorded contests from way back when, so there’s not much chance any of your virtual race night goers will have a head-start on who is winning and losing.
Of course, you don’t have to bet anything if you don’t want to, this is just for fun – though if you do decide to lay some shekels down we’re recommending you give half the winnings to a good cause.
Here’s the running order for the night’s races:
- Race 1 – 9pm – The Manager Meltdown Cup
- Race 2 – 9.15pm – Ireland’s ‘Granny Rule’ Grand National
- Race 3 – 9.30pm – The Sporting Moments Hurdle
- Race 4 – 9.45pm – The Mob Movie Cup
- Race 5 – 10pm – The Double-O Grand National
- Race 6 – 10.15pm – The Completed Netflix Cup
So get downloading now and get ready to turn your living room the winners’ enclosure this Friday night.
Races will stream every 15 minutes from 9pm on the @PaddyPower Twitter account. Click here for everything you need to set up your race night from home. Be lucky!