*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
The Grand National 2022 runners are in place after the final declarations were revealed for Saturday’s big race at Aintree.
Easysland, Lord Du Mesnil and Phoenix Way were declared non-runners before Friday’s cut-off time for reserves to take their place so Commodore, Romain De Senam and School Boy Hours have snuck into the race.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
Minella Times will attempt to retain his title after carrying Rachael Blackmore to victory 12 months ago but Henry de Bromhead’s charge is set to lug around the top weight of 11st 10lbs.
- GRAND NATIONAL SILKS: WHAT COLOURS IS MY JOCKEY WEARING AT AINTREE?
Grand National 2022 runners and weights
The following 40 horses are set to run in the Aintree Grand National 2022.
1) Minella Times 11-10 (st-lbs) Rachael Blackmore
2) Delta Work 11-09 Jack Kennedy
3) School Boy Hours 10-05 Sean Flanagan
4) Any Second Now 11-08 Mark Walsh
5) Run Wild Fred 11-07 Davy Russell
6) Lostintranslation 11-06 Harry Cobden
7) Brahma Bull 11-06 Brian Hayes
8) Burrows Saint 11-05 Paul Townend
9) Mount Ida 11-05 Denis O’Regan
10) Longhouse Poet 11-04 Darragh O’Keeffe
11) Fiddlerontheroof 11-04 Brendan Powell
12) Two For Gold 11-03 David Bass
13) Santini 11-02 Nick Scholfield
14) Samcro 11-01 Sean Bowen
15) Escaria Ten 11-01 Adrian Heskin
16) Good Boy Bobby 10-13 Daryl Jacob
17) Romain De Senam 10-05 Philip Armson
18) Coko Beach 10-13 Jonjo O’Neill Jr
19) De Rasher Counter 10-12 Adam Wedge
20) Kildisart 10-11 James Bowen
21) Discorama 10-11 Brian Cooper
22) Top Ville Ben 10-11 Tommy Dowson
23) Enjoy D’allen 10-11 Conor Orr
24) Anibale Fly 10-11 Luke Dempsey
25) Dingo Dollar 10-11 Ryan Mania
26) Freewheelin Dylan 10-10 Ricky Doyle
27) Class Conti 10-10 Sam Twiston-Davies
28) Noble Yeats 10-10 Sam Waley-Cohen
29) Mighty Thunder 10-10 Derek Fox
30) Cloth Cap 10-10 Tom Scudamore
31) Snow Leopardess 10-09 Aidan Coleman
32) Agusta Gold 10-09 Danny Mullins
33) Commodore 10-05 Charlie Deutsch
34) Deise Aba 10-08 Tom O’Brien
35) Blaklion 10-08 Harry Skelton
36) Poker Party 10-08 Robbie Power
37) Death Duty 10-07 Jordan Gainford
38) Domaine De L’Isle 10-07 Harry Bannister
39) Eclair Surf 10-06 Tom Bellamy
40) Fortescue 10-06 Hugh Nugent
- GRAND NATIONAL 2022 HORSE LIST AND RUNNER-BY-RUNNER GUIDE TO THE 40 AINTREE HOPEFULS
Grand National 2022 betting
Minella Times has climbed Paddy Power’s betting market for the Grand National 2022 as punters latch onto the fact Rachael Blackmore has stayed loyal to last year’s winner. The last horse to win the race while carrying top weight was Red Rum back in the 1970s.
Snow Leopardess is bidding to become the first mare since 1951 to win the Grand National and has form over Aintree’ iconic spruce fences are scoring in December’s Becher Chase.
Bobbyjo Chase winner Any Second Now, third in last year’s renewal, and Cross Country Chase champion Delta Work are also prominent in our betting.
Eider second Eclair Surf is also proving popular with punters after sneaking into the race at 39th on the weights list. The form of his last run received a serious boost when the winner of the Newcastle marathon bolted up in last weekend’s Scottish Grand National.
Grand National Tips
- Horse Racing Tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s top picks for Grand National Saturday at Aintree
- Horse Racing Tips: Matt Chapman’s top Saturday picks for Aintree
- Horse Racing Tips: Ruby Walsh’s Grand National Festival Saturday Cheat Sheet
- Horse Racing Tips: Paddy Power’s Cheat Sheet for Day 3 of Aintree’s Grand National Festival
WE’VE GOT ALL YOU NEED FOR THE GRAND NATIONAL
- Here’s your printable Grand National sweepstake
- Not picked your horse yet? You can win a share of £50k with this handy game
- Still WFH? Why not try our Digital Grand National sweepstake
- Play our footy quiz to help decide your Grand National runner