* The odds quoted are Future Racing (Antepost) prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason – you will lose your stake under traditional Future Racing (Antepost) rules.
It won’t be long until the jumps season is in full flow and a few familiar faces will be looking for back-to-back Festival wins.
Monkfish won a three-way photo finish from Paul Nolan’s Latest Exhibition and Gordon Elliott’s Fury Road in the Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle last season and could go novice chasing this term.
The way he won would make him look a stand-out candidate for a crack at the three-mile RSA Chase or something along those lines at the Cheltenham Festival in 2021.
Nicky Henderson’s Supreme Novice Hurdle winner Shishkin could be a likely contender for the Arkle Trophy if connections decide to send him novice chasing this season.
The lightly-raced Shishkin was very good last season over hurdles culminating in the Supreme Novice Hurdle win at the Festival on the opening day. I always feel that if you’re one of the best novice hurdlers around you’ll only have the same horses to beat again in the novice chase division, so why not take that route?
If you’re the best novice hurdler, there’s a fair chance you’ll end up being one of the best novice chasers too.
We all know that Goshen was going to win the Triumph Hurdle before he took that final-flight tumble last March, but the eventual winner Burning Victory has been underestimated because of that.
Goshen was going to win, there’s no doubt about it. However, Burning Victory only had the one run over hurdles when winning a Grade 3 contest at Fairyhouse on her Irish debut, before her Triumph Hurdle success.
She’s improved hugely during the summer and could certainly be one to follow this season with a campaign that could be geared towards the Mares’ hurdle at Cheltenham next March.
*The latest odds are bang up to date on our new bet widget but are Future Racing (Antepost) prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason – you will lose your stake under traditional Future Racing (Antepost) rules.
- Sprint over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- The latest race cards are just a click away on PP News
- The latest racing results are just a click away on PP News
- Horse Racing: How to watch racing for free with Paddy Power
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners