* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
TAJDID showed improved form and shaped better than the bare result when fourth at Wolverhampton earlier this month. He found himself short of room entering the final furlong and did well under the circumstances to finish as close as he did, ultimately passing the post 2-and-a-half lengths behind the winner without being unduly punished.
He now makes the switch to handicaps and will command plenty of respect from an opening BHA mark of 62, with the small ‘p’ attached to his Timeform rating denoting that he is still open to more improvement.
AURA BLUE was backed at long odds and duly showed plenty of ability when third on her debut at Chelmsford three weeks ago, overcoming a trouble passage to reduce the deficit to only two lengths at the line. The winner Regent advertised the strength of that form when following up on her next start at Lingfield on Friday, while Aura Blue appeals as the type to improve with that experience under her belt – especially now stepping up in trip.
This looks a good opportunity for her to get off the mark at the second attempt for Simon and Ed Crisford, who have returned a profit of £40.26 to a £1 level stake when sending only one runner to a meeting in recent seasons.
Formerly trained in Ireland by Karl Thornton, ANCIENT ASTRONAUT has had contrasting fortunes in two starts over this course and distance since joining Stephen Hanlon. He ran a cracker when beaten just a neck here in February, but then faced a hopeless task from his position when well held last time – never managing to get on terms in a steadily-run affair.
That run is easily excused under the circumstances, so Ancient Astronaut could be worth another chance to confirm the promise of his debut for this yard at rewarding odds. After all, he is only 2lbs higher here and looks likely to get a strong gallop to aim at.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 4 value plays across the tracks on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Our 3 plays worth following at Navan on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s Lucky 15 for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s Saturday selections at Kempton and Doncaster
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s eight slick picks for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Our trader’s 7 selections for Dubai World Cup day at Meydan
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s best bets at Doncaster and Kempton on Saturday