* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
HOST has been in good form since the turn of the year, twice finishing runner-up before going one better at this course last time. Host was ridden with more restraint than has often been the case as he returned to handicap company last time. After making good headway to lead out wide a furlong out, he kept on well to score in good style.
Host has improved as he has been stepped up in trip, so going up another furlong should be a positive. He will take plenty of beating despite a 4lbs rise for his recent success.
UNDER WRAPS is bred to be useful – a Kingman filly who is a half-sister to several winners – and she had shown plenty to work on by the end of her debut at Lingfield in November, making good headway late on. She ran to only a similar level when fifth at the same venue subsequently, but she wasn’t knocked about on that occasion – nor was she when third at Kempton last time.
She is clearly not going to be living up to her pedigree, but she should still prove better than an opening BHA mark of 64. She looks an obvious contender making her handicap debut for the powerful John Gosden yard.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
SUN POWER bounced back to form on just his second start for Jane Chapple-Hyam’s yard when landing the odds over this course and distance in December, holding off a couple who arrived at the race in good form. Although he wasn’t in the same form at Linfield next time out, he did produce a much better performance to finish third at Chelmsford last time – unable to justify his strength in the betting but not really doing anything wrong.
His two wins have both come over this course and distance, so he certainly makes appeal back at this venue. It is a bit of a surprise to see him as big in the betting as he currently is at the time of writing.
- Horse Racing tips: Our 4 selections to follow at Fairyhouse on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Our 4 best bets at Southwell on Monday
- Cheltenham Festival: Frank Hickey’s tips for betting on championship races
- Marsh Novices’ Chase latest odds and tips for Cheltenham 2021
- Cheltenham tips: The Gold Cup horse that’s gone from 50/1 to 8/1 NRMB
- Festival Novices’ Chase latest odds and tips for Cheltenham 2021
- Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle latest odds and tips ahead of Cheltenham 2021
- Cheltenham tips: A 10/1 each-way punt for the Champion Hurdle