Not before time, Paddy Power is getting a big break on the small screen with its very own sitcom – which will be broadcasted on terrestrial TV and streaming services.
Yes, it’s next stop Hollywood for the punter’s pal!
The VAR Room, a four-part series, takes a tongue-in-cheek look at what REALLY happens behind the scenes at Stockley Park – the home of VAR in England.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
The series features a star-studded lineup with guest appearances from former Premier League referee, Mark Clattenburg, as well as football legends Teddy Sheringham, Paul Ince and Alan Curbishley.
We’ve been laughing it up on the interweb for years, so it’s about time we got a shot on the telly box.
The four-part series of 23-minute shows will debut on Virgin Media Two in Ireland starting tonight (16th June) at 10:30pm, and run for the next three consecutive Wednesdays.
And The VAR Room will also be available online via Paddy Power’s YouTube channel and is set to be streamed on Amazon Prime later this month.
The shambles at Stockley Park last season gave our brilliantly talented writers enough creative ideas to fuel an entire sitcom series, which Virgin Media and Amazon Prime wanted a piece of too.
We’ve long been renowned at Paddy Power for our content – and we really feel we’ve raised the bar with The VAR Room, which we hope is our first sitcom series of many from our team.
- WATCH EPISODE 1 BELOW ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
- “The VAR Room” is written by Steven Quick and Noel Slevin, directed by Nathan Camponi, produced by Colin Offland, and stars Tendayi Jembere, Ashley Margolis, Anthony Richardson and Mark Davison.
READ MORE ON EURO 2020
- Ronaldo celebrates Euros record breaking night with Bargain Bucket
- Euro 2020 top scorer latest odds, best bet and golden boot standings
- Euro 2020 fixtures and results: All the scores, groups and latest odds
- Come on you boys in white! Irish clubs to net €10k as England score at Euro 2020