* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
18.15 Wolverhampton – Echo Point
Echo Point goes for the boys in blue in this Novice Stakes and may be the value bet if Mark Johnston’s Sea the Shells gets too short in the betting. Just about got up to win by a head on debut at Kempton last month. The horse that was second went on to win at Lingfield next time out so that gives the form a bit of a boost.
This promising three-year-old is likely to improve and trainer Charlie Appleby is sure to fancy his chances. He has his string in decent form with five winners saddled in the last two weeks. Taking rider Christian Howarth’s 7Ibs claim into consideration is another reason to like Echo Point’s chances.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
18.45 Wolverhampton – Bosphorus
I think Bosphorus is the one to row in with here in this handicap. John Gosden’s horses have started the flat season in decent form. He has had three winners and four horses placed with his 11 runners that have gone to post since the 27th of February. This horse is a lightly raced maiden but ran a good race last time out when finishing second of nine runners in a handicap over this track and trip. Jockey Robert Havlin is a pilot in decent form too. He has ridden four winners in the past fortnight (three of them for John Gosden). It’s Bosphorus for me at 18.45!
20.15 Wolverhampton – Katheefa
I am going to side with Ruth Carr’s grey gelding in the last at Wolverhampton tonight. This horse has to defy a 4Ibs penalty that was slapped on after it’s four-length win at Southwell last week. A repeat of that performance last week would see this horse right in the mix here at the business end and I suspect that the horse just may be able to absorb that penalty.
We see it time and time again with trainers producing their horses with a short turn around in order to follow up a win with another one under a penalty. Katheefa for me in the last to get the that Friday feeling!
Wolverhampton betting tips:
18:15 – Echo Point
18:45 – Bosphorus
20:15 – Katheefa
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s Coral Cup best bets
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s each-way Lucky 15 for the championship races
- Cheltenham tips: Kim Muir Ante Post bets from Frank Hickey
- Cheltenham Festival: Gold Cup or National Hunt Chase for Royale Pagaille?