* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Not a strong contest by any means and connections could not have really found a better opportunity in a novice hurdle for Punchestown maiden hurdle winner HES A HARDY BLOKE. Majestic Maid might provide the biggest danger.
The expensively-bought Gentlemansgame is of significant interest, while recent course second Curious Bride loves this track, but GJOUMI has been highly tried and still had a chance when falling at the last at Thurles last time. She will take beating.
It is difficult to oppose PAT’S PICK here based on the form of his second to subsequent Grade 2 winner Farouk D’alene at Down Royal in October. Velvet Elvis won’t let him have anything easy though, while Mercury Lane can improve for the step-up to this trip.
The two most interesting here are both coming back in trip after failing to see out three miles last time, Funky Dady and BON RETOUR, with preference for the latter representing a yard in red-hot form, while the former is coming back quickly after his run. Madison To Monroe is noted turning out again quickly and could go well.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Claims can be made for a few of these, most notably the top-rated Napoleon Blue and improving sorts like Stansfield and Peterstown, but most appeal is made by the progressive EXIT TO THE WEST (NAP), second on both of her starts over fences and a shade unlucky at Tramore last time.
Quite open and a chance is taken on the locally-trained GETADAY, who is 18lb better off with Atlantic Shore from when an 11l runner-up to him at Wexford in October. Cheekpieces on today could help matters. Powersbomb looks likely to be in the shake-up.
Angels Dawn has the form in the book, but her second at Punchestown on Thursday is contributing to her becoming frustrating to follow. Preference is for the once-raced FEDDANS who was no match for the impressive Take Tea at Naas, but would have been closer if things had gone her way. Beautifully-bred newcomer California Breeze has a real fly in the ointment look about her.
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: Cheltenham’s New Year’s Day meet abandoned – what happens now
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s super selections for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s 5 fancies to follow on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: A magnificent 7 from Timeform at Sandown on Saturday
- Cheltenham 2021: Clues & Questions for the Festival from the Christmas period
- Paddy’s literally all over racing on the telly thanks to our new ITV sponsorship