Lionel Messi could be preparing for a move to the blue side of Manchester, as his odds of making the switch shorten once again this afternoon.
Paddy Power saw his odds fall from 7/5 to odds-on this afternoon, as he lines up a move away from Barcelona.
And despite some rumblings of a move across the city to Man United, we saw the chances of that happening drift hugely recently.
While his chances of this all being a ruse to bag a new contract also became less likely, as we have had to push out his ‘not to sign or agree a contract with any other club’ odds.
Elsewhere, Inter Milan are seen as the next likely club to sign him, with PSG and Chelsea next in the betting after that.
Spokesman Paddy Power said: “Momentum seems to be gathering pretty much everywhere in terms of Messi’s move to City, and the odds reflect that, too.
“We’ve slashed his chances of moving once again, with any other destination or even staying at Barcelona now looking far less likely than it was when he handed in his transfer request.”
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- All the latest football previews from across the English football and Europe are just a click away
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners
- Peter Crouch: Harry Maguire may have been a target from the moment he touched down
- Peter Crouch: What Spurs should do in the transfer market & my plea to Harry Kane
- Football tips: Our sweet 12/1 Same Game Multi for Arsenal v Liverpool on Saturday