Can we all stop being polite for just a second? We can disguise it how we want; a smart combination, a friendly assist, or even an intuitive relay. The reality is Yannick Bolasie pulled an unbelievable heist on Saturday, snatching the ball from under Romelu Lukaku’s nose to bag his first goal in an Everton shirt.
It may sound like a romantic tale of selflessness and friendship, but ultimately Bolasie’s sneaky tactics let down over 75% of Hotshot Jackpot players, who had put their faith in Lukaku to score anytime. He was evens to find the net at any point prior to the game, whereas Bolasie was 9/4.
The Big Belgian came close to bagging a goal of his own a couple of times, with Michael Keane and Tom Heaton making crucial clearances, and clearing Jackpot backers’ wallets of a £250,000 opportunity.
For his goal-robbery, we make Bolasie our Villain of the Week. He’s lucky he found the net, otherwise he would have us AND Romelu to deal with.
- No two Premier League players have combined to score more goals this campaign than Lukaku and Bolasie, making them the most lethal partnership in the league. Bolasie has set him up for a total of three goals.
- This was only Burnley’s third win of the season, who now have ten points, all of which have been earned at Turf Moor.
- Scott Arfield’s goal for Burnley was the first time they have ever scored a 90 minute winner in the Premier League.
- Sean Dyche’s team have not conceded more than one goal in any of their previous 10 league games at home.
- Everton last won a game on September 17th, despite this being only The Toffees’ second defeat under Ronald Koeman.
- Sergio Aguero was the next-largest let down of the Jackpot selections. He disappointed over 60% of customers, as youngster Kelechi Iheanacho found the net against Southampton.