This is a good-looking race but Oceanline rates the type to take a big step forward now moving up in trip for his handicap debut. He started at 33/1 for his debut at Chelmsford but made a promising start, finishing second to a more-experienced sort, and ran to a similar level when hitting the frame over seven furlongs here last time. Oceanline caught the eye that day, making headway when short of room inside the final furlong and not beaten far despite not being given a hard time. The step-up in trip will be in his favour now and an opening mark of 78 is workable.
Leo Davinci hasn’t won for well over a year, but that came from a 6 lb higher mark, and he left the impression he was ready to strike when hitting the frame over course and distance last time. That race was run at a modest pace and Leo Davinci was racing too freely in the early stages, but he made good late headway in the final furlong from an unpromising position. This race lacks depth and Leo Davinci is able to race from the same mark, so is fancied to resume winning ways.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
This looks open and Heer We Go Again is taken to give a good account. He has been holding his form well round here, just unable to get past the winner when narrowly beaten over six furlongs here last time. That is some of the best form on offer, and the drop back to five furlongs looks a good move with the visor back on, so is fancied to go close under Gina Mangan breaking from a good draw in stall 4.
Timeform’s Wolverhampton wagers
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the New Year’s Day giveaway
- Ruby Walsh’s 10 to follow from Willie Mullins’ yard for the 2020/21 jumps season
- Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to pay their way for the new jumps season
- The latest racing results are just a click away on PP News
- Horse Racing: How to watch racing for free with Paddy Power