* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
The Mark Loughnane-trained QASBAZ (NAP) ran very well to split a couple of three-year-olds over course and distance last week and is selected to go in off the same mark (due to be 3lbs higher in future). Night Terrors (second choice) and Uraib have the profiles of likely improvers in handicaps. Bahia Star should be suited by the return to 1m and is another to consider.
Moshaawer leads the way with his debut form at Newbury last October, but it was very far from plain sailing when he scored at 1-4 on the Kempton all-weather on his reappearance. That helps to sway the decision in favour of NEPTUNE SEAS following his recent debut at Doncaster. Some others have shown lesser ability, while Strikeback is a newcomer to check out.
A fourth win this year for Six Strings is one of the most likely outcomes, but FRANTOIO looked capable of better when finding his stride late on in a 1m handicap at Yarmouth last time and he may go one better today. It’s tight among the rest, but with Menai Bridge preferred.
The winning margin was narrower than looked likely at one point, but the subsequent achievements of Caspian Prince give ballast to JAWWAAL latest course and distance win. He can confirm his superiority over Indian Sounds and Mountain Peak. Muker could revive in first-time blinkers, while Celsius has a fine record fresh and shouldn’t be underestimated either.
Several with chances in a good fillies’ sprint handicap. PORNSTAR MARTINI impressed with the way she travelled when fifth in a strong race at Nottingham on her reappearance and should have more to come after only three starts, so she’s narrowly preferred to fellow three-year-old Noorban.
Mid Winster, who is due to be 4lbs higher from the weekend, is also much respected after her good third in an Ayr Listed race 10 days ago.
Easy Brighton maiden winner LUBNA is turned out quickly to take her chance in a 0-70 just before her new mark kicks in. That Brighton form is questionable, but she did it very easily and could just be better than this grade. The thriving Eponina (second choice) is 4lbs well in compared to her new mark and is likely to go well again, while Girl From Ipanema strikes as a likely improver in handicaps.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Through the Sandown card on Friday with Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: A tidy 8/1 shot heads our best bets at Newton Abbot today
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs value plays for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing: Why we haven’t seen the best of Irish Derby winner Hurricane Lane yet
- When is the Eclipse Stakes 2021? Start time, prize money and runners