* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
All the leading contenders have questions to answer, but if FAMA ET GLORIA can reproduce his latest Irish effort – on this British debut – he might prove hard to beat. Clay Rogers needs to wipe away the memory of his lacklustre British debut, but is preferred to Lord Schnapps as the main threat.
Thahab Ifraj will be a real threat, but CHEZ HANS won so easily over course and distance last week that he is hard to oppose.
A case can be made for all of these. THE BEES KNEES never found his rhythm at Aintree, but is worth chancing on his third attempt over fences. Whiskey Lullaby will need blinkers to induce some improvement and That’s A Given may be a bigger danger.
Unless one of the newcomers improves for the switch to hurdling, it is hard to look beyond KOI DODVILLE, despite a big penalty. Eagle’s Realm didn’t live up to expectations behind the selection at Aintree, but might be the main danger.
Few make much appeal. Lapford Lad and Stanley Stanley (in that order) are obvious candidates but with the ground likely to be good, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT (NAP) can show the benefit of his quite promising return at Uttoxeter last month.
Several worth considering, including Helford River, the consistent Jessica Rabbit and the errant Havacuppa. After a good display at Uttoxeter, this might be ESPINATOR‘s chance of a first success.
Ballyegan Hero is ahead of the handicapper after drawing 20 lengths clear to score over course and distance 11 days ago, but his three rivals in that race were all flagging from the home turn and the value of the form is open to question.
He’s evidently in rude health but it might pay to oppose him with MR MAFIA, who will probably attempt to make all. Friends Don’t Ask ran well in defeat at Fontwell last time and can also feature.
It may well be worth going with GORDYNY, who has some ability judged on her latest result in an Irish point and has joined a strong yard. Kubinski, an interesting newcomer, may be best of the rest.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Through the Sandown card on Friday with Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs value plays for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing: Why we haven’t seen the best of Irish Derby winner Hurricane Lane yet
- When is the Eclipse Stakes 2021? Start time, prize money and runners