*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while in-copy odds are accurate at time of publication but subject to change
We get it. You just need to know the weather and latest going before having a punt. It’s only sensible to thoroughly research every variable… Well, we’ll save you time from your amateur meteorology by bringing you the latest forecast and track conditions ahead of the final day of glorious racing at Prestbury Park. You’re most certainly welcome.
What’s the going at Cheltenham Racecourse?
The latest inspection on Friday, March 19 has the latest going as GOOD TO SOFT, GOOD (IN PLACES) for the final day of the 2021 Cheltenham Festival. It has been a mild week at Prestbury Park which has led to a further drying of the ground.
Simon Claisse, the clerk of the course, said: “There is a little drizzle in the air this morning and the going on the chase and hurdle course is now good to soft, good in places.”
Friday’s racing takes place on the New Course, which was used on Thursday for the first time since last year’s Festival, after the opening two days made use of the Old Course.
Al Boum Photo is bidding to make it a hat-trick of Gold Cup wins, with his previous triumphs in 2019 and 2020 coming on good to soft ground.
What’s the latest weather forecast for Cheltenham?
A spot of drizzle was reported on Friday morning, although the outlook is relatively favourable for the remainder of the day, with a gentle breeze and a high of 10C forecast.
- DON’T MISS OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN CHECK OUT ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
What’s happening on day four of the Cheltenham Festival?
It’s Gold Cup Day at the Cheltenham Festival 2021 and the racing kicks off with the Triumph Hurdle, which looks set to be a three-way contest between Zanahiyr, Quilixios and Tritonic. A second hurdles race follows with the wide-open Grade 3 County Hurdle before we switch to the Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle. The Blue Riband of National Hunt racing – the Cheltenham Gold Cup – takes place at 15.05. Can Al Boum Photo land a hat-trick of wins? There’s Class 2 action in the St James’s Palace Festival Chase before the brand-new race we’re sponsoring – the Mrs Paddy Power Mares’ Chase. The 28th and final race of the week is the Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle at 16.50.
Cheltenham Day 4 Tips
- Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets for Friday at Prestbury Park
- Matt Chapman’s selections for all of Day 4’s seven races
- Gina Bryce’s slick picks on Friday at Cheltenham
- Paddy Power Pundits’ Cheat Sheet for all of Friday’s races
Read More on Cheltenham
- Cheltenham Festival 2022: When is the 2022 Cheltenham Festival?
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 antepost betting on the Gold Cup and more
- Paddy Power punter pockets €575,000 from €20 Henry de Bromhead bet