* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
A bumper winner in his native France prior to joining Gary Moore’s yard, HUDSON DE GRUGY built on the promise of a runner-up effort over this course and distance when landing the odds back here in January – doing so in workmanlike fashion. He did not look the finished article on that occasion, so he may well improve and this looks a good opportunity for him to go in again.
A winner on his sole outing in bumpers in December 2019, THE MICK PRESTON made a quick switch to handicap company at Hereford in January, following a couple of second places in his first two starts over hurdles.
He duly showed improved form to get off the mark in this sphere, responding well in the straight and asserting soon after. This step up in trip should hold no fears, and with further progress anticipated, he gets the vote to follow up.
A useful juvenile last term, winning his first two races, LANGER DAN caught the eye on his first run following a wind operation at Market Rasen last month, keeping on well from off the pace to finish fourth behind Miss Heritage and Mick Maestro. He is well treated on this pick of last season’s form and could be worth chancing to reverse the form with those two reopposing rivals.
RAINYDAY WOMAN showed promise on her two outings for Pam Sly last term, finishing placed on both occasions. She has taken her form up another notch since joining Paul Nicholls’s yard, winning on both her starts since making the switch – including a listed event at Huntingdon in December. She looked something out of the ordinary on that occasion, winning with something to spare, and she is taken to land this race under a penalty before having her sights raised further.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the rescheduled £1m sweepstake at Sandown
ADMIRAL BARRATRY quickly put his chasing debut behind him when opening his account over fences at Fakenham in January, comfortably beating a next-time-out winner. He found another chunk of improvement to finish second at the same venue last time, beaten only by one very well-in under a penalty and finishing miles clear of the rest. He is a useful prospect with more still to offer and is expected to be bang there.
DEBECE has been pulled up on both his starts since returning from a lengthy absence and he undoubtedly has his wellbeing to prove, but he has dipped to an attractive mark as a result of his recent performances and has undergone a wind operation ahead of his first outing for Dan Skelton’s yard. The yard switch is an eye-catching one and he could be worth chancing to bounce back to winning ways.
An ex-pointer, FIVE STAR GETAWAY made his chase debut in a very warm race a Warwick in November/ Although he could only finish fifth on that occasion, he showed improved form to land a gamble at Wincanton earlier this month by winning readily. He is up 11lbs for that win, but improvement is certainly on the cards and he could be up to defying the rise in the weights.
SATURDAY TIPS SUMMARY
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s ace Lucky 15 at Sandown on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s trio of solid plays at Wolverhampton on Saturday
- Horse Racing Tips: Paddy Power’s super 7 picks for Saturday’s ITV racing
READ MORE ON CHELTENHAM 2021
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s Pertemps Network Final antepost picks
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s Grand Annual antepost best bets
- Cheltenham tips: Matt Chapman’s big 4 to score in the Championship races
- Cheltenham tips: St James’ Place Hunters’ Chase antepost bets from Frank Hickey
- Cheltenham tips: St James’ Place Hunters’ Chase antepost bets from Ruby Walsh
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s Coral Cup antepost best bets
- Cheltenham tips: Envoi Allen a slick pick at current price for Marsh Novices’ Chase