* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
ITV coverage gets under way at Sandown with this Grade 3 novices’ handicap hurdle over 2m 4f and this is very hard! I have a feeling THE MICK PRESTON has been crying out for this trip and he can improve enough at it to be hard to keep out the frame for Nigel and Sam Twiston-Davies.
A decent second at Lingfield on penultimate start, he battled well from the front to score at Hereford last time. He has a decent racing weight and bred to improve.
All-weather action on ITV comes from Wolverhampton and includes this Listed event over 7 furlongs. DOCUMENTING will be a tough nut to crack for Kevin Frost and Ben Curits. The old boy has plenty of experience and stays 7 furlongs very strongly. He should get some pace top run at here and can come home late and fast having been dropped in from the outside.
Now the feature betting race, the huge Paddy Power Imperial Cup, over 2m. Natural History could be thrown in on Flat form, but I’ll have a few quid each-way on MALAYA who is well handicapped on some of her form off a rating of 134, having once been as high as 142.
She won this race in 2019 when rated 136 and, while she’s been out of form, it doesn’t take a genius to think Paul Nicholls will have targeted this. Bryony Frost might just get a right tune out of the mare too.
This is a trial for the Lincoln over an extended 1m. It’s hard to be strong on any of these, but there is a chance there is more to come from MAN OF THE NIGHT for Richard Hannon and Sean Levey.
The Saeed Manana-owned colt finished of last season with a fine second at a huge price at Newmarket over 10 furlongs. This drop in trip should not be an issue and if ready after the lay-off, he must have each-way claims.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the rescheduled £1m sweepstake at Sandown
It’s Listed company here with a mares’ bumper over 2m and it’s another wide open event. BALLYBOUGH MARY has plenty of experience after two point-to-point efforts and three bumpers, that might stand her in good stead here. The decent ground will be up her street and she could be another winner for the Nigel and Sam Twiston-Davies combination. I’ll back her each-way.
This is a handicap over 6 furlongs and JUAN LES PINS didn’t get home over 7 furlongs when last seen, but this is his trip and should go well for Ed Dunlop along with the sniper Luke Morris. He will want to get a good start from stall 1, but if getting out has every chance of a big effort as a horse who goes well on the artificial surface and who has a good racing weight.
Finally from Sandown, we have a Listed handicap chase over 2m 4f. It’s tricky heat and FARINET has to do a little more, but was far from disgraced at Haydock last time when he kept on well.
He’s only one win in 10 starts so far, but the French import is at the right end of the weights and should give Charlie Deutsch a good spin over a trip that looks ideal. He is another each-way chance I like.
So best of luck and pray for Yeeehaaas. You hear me Paddy?
13:50 Sandown – The Mick Preston
14:05 Wolverhampton – Documenting
14:25 Sandown – Malaya
14:40 Wolverhampton – Man Of The Night
15:00 Sandown – Ballybough Mary
15:15 Wolverhampton – Juan Les Pins
15:35 Sandown – Farinet
SATURDAY TIPS SUMMARY
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: Our runner-by-runner guide to Saturday’s big giveaway
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s ace Lucky 15 at Sandown on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s trio of solid plays at Wolverhampton on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Sandown on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s super 7 picks for Saturday’s ITV racing
READ MORE ON CHELTENHAM 2021
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s Pertemps Network Final antepost picks
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s Grand Annual antepost best bets
- Cheltenham tips: Matt Chapman’s big 4 to score in the Championship races
- Cheltenham tips: St James’ Place Hunters’ Chase antepost bets from Frank Hickey
- Cheltenham tips: St James’ Place Hunters’ Chase antepost bets from Ruby Walsh
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s Coral Cup antepost best bets
- Cheltenham tips: Envoi Allen a slick pick at current price for Marsh Novices’ Chase