*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
CHELTENHAM’S OVER – BUT WE’VE GOT PLENTY MORE TIPS AT PP NEWS!
- Jason Weaver is back with his Friday night fancies on the all-weather tracks
- Click here for Matt Chapman’s Saturday picks for the ITV Racing
- Paul Jacobs has made his big-value selections for Saturday
WE’VE FOOTBALL TIPS TOO!
- Here’s out 50/1 acca for tonight’s footy across Europe
- And we’ve a 40/1 Bet Builder for Villa v Arsenal tomorrow too
All good things come to an end! The final day of Cheltenham gets under way here with the Grade 1 JCB Triumph Hurdle over 2m1f. Vauban will be very hard to beat. However, I’m having a few quid eachway on FIL DOR for Gordon Elliott and Jack Kennedy. I have feeling a strong gallop will suit this stayer and he can get close to Vauban than he did at Leopardstown last time.
Here’s the Grade 3 County Hurdle over 2m1f. State Man is the talking horse but I’ll be going eachway on the more exposed WEST CORK for the Skelton team of trainer Dan and jockey Harry. West Coast returned this season with a terrific win in the Greatwood at Cheltenham and was a fair fifth at Ascot afterwards. He might still have more to come.
NEW TO PADDY POWER NEWS?
Back to Grade 1 company now with the Albert Bartlett Novices’ hurdle over 3m. The giant HILLCREST just looks full of stamina and in a renewal that might not be the strongest that could be enough for Henry Daly and Richard Patrick. I was really impressed with the selection at Haydock last time and he’s just getting better and better.
Another Grade 1 here in the big one of the week, the Boodles Cheltenham Gold Cup over an extended 3m2f. I’ve always been one for stamina over speed in the Gold Cup and on that basis will back both GALVIN for the win and AL BOUM PHOTO eachway. Galvin has improved with every race and did well to deny A Plus Tard last time. He has every chance for Gordon Elliott. Al Boum Photo has of course won two Gold Cups already and while he was meant to be raced more season comes here with strong claims of being in the frame again. If he scores he will do what Kauto Star did which is regain his crown.
FANCY YOUR CHANCES? FIND OUT ALL THE WINNERS FIRST WITH PADDY POWER NEWS
- GET ALL OF TODAY’S CHELTENHAM FAST RESULTS FIRST WITH PP NEWS
WANT A DETAILED LOOK AT TODAY’S CHELTENHAM CARDS?
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY OF THE FESTIVAL
The amateur riders now in the St James’s Place Festival Challenge Cup Open Hunters’ Chase over an extended 3m2f. BILLAWAY was desperately unlucky to get picked up last year and surely has strong claims to make up for that under Patrick Mullins for his dad Willie. Got a confidence boosting win last time at Naas.
Time for the Grade 2 Mrs Paddy Power Mares’ Chase over an extended 2m4f. A strong fancy here is last year’s runner up ELIMAY for JPMcManus, Willie Mullins and Mark Walsh. The mare was back in winning form at Naas last time and I would have thought connections will be very disappointed if she doesn’t go one place better than twelve months ago.
And this is it. We end Cheltenham 2022 with the Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle over an extended 2m4f. FIVE O’CLOCK is the interesting one here for Jack Foley and Willie Mullins. My hope was desperately unlucky when seventh in this in 2020 when he probably would have won but for nearly being brought down in the middle of the race. He’s been off since then, but we know Mullins can get one ready and he’s primed to go again at long odds.
So best of luck and pray for Yeeehaaas. You hear me Paddy?
Matt Chapman’s Cheltenham Friday Tips:
- Triumph Hurdle (13:30) – Fil Dor
- County Hurdle (14:10) – West Cork
- Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle (14:50) – Hillcrest
- Cheltenham Gold Cup (15:30) – Galvin (Win) & Al Boum Photo (EW)
- St James’ Place Festival Hunter Chase (16:10) – Billaway
- Mrs Paddy Power Mares Chase (16:50) – Elimay
- Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle (17:30) – Five O’Clock
- Our trader’s pick their NAPS of the day at Cheltenham
- These 4 picks make our Friday Lucky 15 for Cheltenham
- Win FREE Paddy Power bets with our UK v Ireland predictor game
- Friday’s racecards, runners and schedule for Cheltenham
- WATCH: Conor Moore’s impressions Cheltenham special
- Check out today’s 26/1 Gold Cup & Premier League double
- GOLD CUP TIPS: Who our pundits fancy for Friday’s feature
- How’s the track? Here’s the latest going and weather forecast
- What is the Prestbury Cup? And how does it work?
STILL NOT SURE WHO TO BACK? WHY NOT PLAY OUR QUIZ