* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
ITV Saturday gets under way here with a handicap chase over nearly 2m. This is wide open. GUNSIGHT RIDGE was a fine winner for this blog at Sandown last time and has every chance of following up here for Aidan Coleman and Olly Murphy. The gelding is up 5lb for the success but that’s not the end of the world as he’s a strapping big sort who’s open to more improvement.
More Grade 1 action here on ITV from Ireland in the Spring Juvenile Hurdle over 2m. Fil Dor looks very good, but I’ll take VAUBAN to turn him over for Willie Mullins and Paul Townend. Vauban was narrowly turned pipped by Pied Piper on Irish debut and that form looks strong after the latter’s romp at Cheltenham.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
Now a Listed hurdle event over 2m. GOSHEN is a risky choice for Gary and Jamie Moore but he’s still got loads of ability as he showed in defeat at Lingfield last time. My hope hung like a gate then but will enjoy going right handed again and hopefully he can show us what he can do. It was suggested he would have blinkers over 3m after that last defeat. Clearly a change of mind!
ITV are also in Scotland for this veterans’ handicap chase over 2m6f. GLEN FORSA is absolutely chucked in on his best form and showed a little more last time for Charlie Longsdon. Lorcan Williams takes the ride on the recent Doncaster fourth and the slight drop in trip and sharp track are ideal.
Grade 1 company here in the Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase over 2m4f. Hard to get away from L’HOMME PRESSE here for trainer Venetia Williams and jockey Charlie Deutsch. The rising star is unbeaten this season and was mightily impressive at Cheltenham last time. With a mark of 154 he’s not officially the best horse in here but I think he will show he is.
- LIKE PADDY POWER NEWS? OR MAYBE YOU JUST LIKE TO WHINGE? TELL US WHAT YOU THINK IN OUR READER SURVEY
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
ITV show one race from Wetherby in this Grade 2 novices’ chase over 3m. AHOY SENOR could be another on the day for Lucinda Russell. Indeed he should win. Very impressive earlier in the season at Newbury, the novice then was out pointed in a Grade 1 at Kempton where his jumping wasn’t always fluent. This is a huge chance to bounce back.
Handicap hurdle time over nearly 2m. FIVEANDTWENTY should have claims for Brian Hughes and the in form Donald McCain. The selection has decent form at the track and showed a little bit last time at this course before weakening late on. The handicap mark has slipped a bit and may try and make all.
A Grade 3 handicap hurdle over nearly 3m. ASK DILLON will be a biggish price after a shocking effort last time but he was second in this in 2020 off 1lb lower and he’s shown glimmers of form this season suggesting he still has ability. With a few quid eachway for Fergal O’Brien and conditional Peter Kavanagh who takes off a useful 7lb.
This is the big one in Ireland the Grade 1 Paddy Power Irish Gold Cup over an extended 3m. FRODON has every chance of an easy lead here and can score for Paul Nicholls and Bryony Frost. The ten-year-old scored well at Down Royal first time this season and while he wasn’t at his best in the King George could well be good enough here. This is winnable with Minella Indo hopeless so far this term.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
Here’s a handicap chase over 3m. DEISE ABA was pulled up when last seen but prior to that had run two decent seconds suggesting this mark is workable. Trained by Philip Hobbs and ridden by Tom O’Brien, my hope has good track form and is relatively lightly raced for a nine-year-old. Stays well.
A handicap chase over nearly 4m. Scottish National hero MIGHTY THUNDER is edging back down the handicap and might have found a good chance here by Lucinda Russell. Obviously he stays very well and the opposition is easier than when flopping in the Welsh National. Tom Scudamore takes the ride and of course his old man is rather close to Lucinda!
13:15 – Gunsight Ridge
13:50 – Goshen
14:20 – l’Homme Presse
14:55 – Ask Dillon (each way)
15:30 – Deise Aba
14:05 – Glen Forsa
14:40 – Fiveandtwenty
15:45 – Mighty Thunder
13:35 – Vauban
15:15 – Frodon
14:30 – Ahoy Senor
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
PP NEWS IS YOUR HOME OF THE BEST HORSE RACING TIPS EVERY WEEKEND
- All our top tipsters feature in this Dublin Racing Festival Cheat Sheet
- Our top trader has his selections in Frank Hickey’s Dublin Racing Festival tips
- It’s not just the Dublin Racing Festival on our top tipster’s mind – we’ve also got Frank Hickey’s ITV Racing tips
- Don’t miss Mick Fitzgerald’s Saturday horse racing tips for the Dublin Racing Festival
- We’ve another leading tipster with Paul Jacobs free racing tips for ITV today
- And don’t forget the wee man himself with Ruby Walsh’s Dublin Racing Festival tips today
- Our pals are joining in the act too – we’ve got Timeform’s Leopardstown tips today for Saturday’s mega Dublin Racing Festival card
- The big man himself has joined in too. Here’s Paddy Power’s Dublin Racing Festival tips
- WATCH: PADDY POWER’S REWIND SHOW IS BACK TO SET THE SCENE FOR THE DUBLIN RACING FESTIVAL
- FRANK HICKEY: DISAPPOINTING THAT AHOY SENOR ISN’T BEING AIMED AT THE CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP
- DUBLIN RACING FESTIVAL 2022 ANTEPOST BETTING AND GUIDE TO THE 8 GRADE 1 RACES
- Cheltenham tips: TURNERS NOVICES’ CHASE ANTEPOST PREVIEW FROM RORY DELARGY
- Cheltenham tips: YOUR BEST ANTEPOST BETS FOR THE BROWN ADVISORY NOVICES’ CHASE
- Cheltenham tips: YOUR ULTIMATE ANTEPOST BETTING GUIDE TO THE 2022 FESTIVAL
- Cheltenham tips: ALBERT BARTLETT HURDLE ANTEPOST BETS FROM OUR TOP PUNDITS
- Cheltenham tips: PADDY’S PUNDITS PICK THEIR BALLYMORE NOVICES’ HURDLE BEST ANTEPOST BETS