*Odds quoted on the widget are Future Racing / Antepost prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason – you will lose your stake under traditional Antepost rules
Ahoy Senor has emerged as one of the leading novice chasers in Britain this season, prompting talk of a shot at the Cheltenham Gold Cup. The Blue Riband appears to be off the agenda, however, after connections opted against a prep run in the Paddy Power Cotswold Chase last weekend.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
The Cheltenham Countdown is on, and our From the Horse’s Mouth Cheltenham specials will be live on your feed EVERY Tuesday morning from now until Festival week. Hit subscribe to make sure you don’t miss a thing as we preview all the races and our team of tipsters serve up their Antepost punts.
You can listen to the Cheltenham Countdown show in full BELOW.
“Ahoy Senor’s in the Towton at Wetherby on Saturday but I’m a little bit disappointed they didn’t roll the dice and run him in the Paddy Power Cotswold Chase last weekend. I’d have been half tempted to have a few quid on him for the Gold Cup if he had.
“There’s nothing spectacular in the Gold Cup so I thought it was worth considering but it looks like they’re going down the novice route.
“A Plus Tard has been beaten in the Gold Cup and the Ryanair. He’s a good horse but he’s not brilliant. We know winning the Gold Cup can take it out of some and Minella Indo’s looked a shadow of himself in two runs this year. He might bounce back but when you’re looking at the race there’s nothing unbeatable in there.
“It’s not the deepest Gold Cup ever and it would be worth rolling the dice if you had a capable horse and I thought Ahoy Senor has a bit of ability.
“Is the Gold Cup going to be that much better than the Brown Advisory? I’m not certain it will. From a betting point of view, the race is crying out for something to take it by the scruff of the neck, maybe it’s Galvin but he is going to be a little bit dependant on ground. If it came up testing, that would definitely be a negative for him.”
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while in-copy odds are accurate at the time of publication but subject to change
- Like Paddy Power News? Or maybe you just like to whinge? Tell us what you think in our reader survey
CHELTENHAM ANTEPOST TIPS
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s antepost slick picks for the Mares’ Hurdle
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s antepost selections for the National Hunt Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s antepost best bet for the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s antepost betting verdict on the Turners Novices’ Chase
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 day-by-day schedule and guide to the big races
- When is the Dublin Racing Festival? Race schedule and times for two-day meeting