* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
BIG BARD looks far more progressive than his rivals here and while he carries a 6lbs penalty for his Chelmsford victory at the weekend, that is eased by the valuable 5lbs claimed by his apprentice.
He should take another step forward and looks the one to beat. Big Impact won well himself at the same meeting on Saturday and has to be feared. Course winner Ocean Wilde has each-way claims too.
BOTANIST shaped very encouragingly at Newbury last month having travelled through the race very well. That looked a much stronger event than this and he should be able to shed his maiden tag in this one. Safra has to be taken seriously, while Mr Stanley and Aadel are both unexposed and could improve to play a part too.
This is very trappy and ICONIC KNIGHT gets the nod. He won under this apprentice at Chepstow in August and while he’s yet to run over this far, it should pose no problems for him. Glasvegas is consistent and likes it here so warrants serious consideration. Rodin is lurking on a handy mark and may get involved too.
BREEZY STORM looks progressive and she can build on her good second at Goodwood last month to go one better today. Flamborough is an interesting newcomer from a leading yard and he has to be on the shortlist. Libby has shaped well in three runs and she is far from out of it.
AGENT OF FORTUNE is very well handicapped on her best form and she’s been running consistently well of late. She should be able to take advantage of her mark and gain a long overdue success. Wisper won well here last week and will be a big danger under a penalty. Dawn View is next in the pecking order.
CROCUS ran well in novice company at Ffos Las in August. Her two handicap runs since could be forgiven and she may bounce back with victory here given she’s less exposed than plenty of the others. Give ‘Em The Slip sets a decent standard on her recent form and will be a danger. Any money for Seesawing would be noteworthy on handicap debut.
GLAMOROUS BREEZE is unbelievably consistent and can gain a second win here with David Probert taking over in the saddle. Batchelor Boy is a course and distance winner that should make a race of it. Shamshon looks the best of the remainder.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Your best bets at the Curragh on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: Thursday’s best bets at Chelmsford as Murphy & Buick go head-to-head
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 10 National Hunt horses to get in your tracker