* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Sandown fifth RUM COCKTAIL has a useful pedigree and there can be optimism she will show improved form on this second start. She is the selection ahead of the newcomer Joking for the in-form Hugo Palmer, with fellow debutante Sense Of Duty also respected.
The Jamie Osborne-trained ALASKAN WIND went close in a Chepstow maiden in June and gets the nod today in the hope that it was unique to Brighton, or the good to soft ground, that caused a below-par run last time. Champagne Dial showed some ability on his recent debut and is second choice, ahead of All In Aladdin who was a good third in the competitive Rous Selling Stakes at York in June.
Godolphin’s HAFIT was bought for 2,100,000gns last October and is taken to make a winning start to his career. The Gosden-trained Millennial Moon is second choice, with Claim The Crown and Just Wonder other likely types, but the betting should be informative.
The improving four-year-old MAKRAM (NAP) gained a deserved win over 1m 2f at Sandown last time and has dropped a few hints that he could be even better now stepped up to 1m 4f. With Boss Power needing to prove he’s just as good on turf as he is on all-weather, the main threat could come from the Mark Johnston-trained Zabeel Champion, who was progressive prior to a blip at Haydock last time.
A warm race, despite the very small field. Deep Snow and Brunnera finished second in handicaps behind progressive winners last time out, and could both have more to offer. But, preference is for the Gosden-trained PRINCESS NADIA, who did it nicely in a Newbury novice last time out. Brunnera is feared most.
7lb claimer Callum Hutchinson was seen to good effect on ABATE over course and distance last Friday and the thriving five-year-old can defy another penalty today and land the hat-trick. Dancinginthewoods is another last-time-out course and distance winner and could be the chief threat, ahead of the in-form Beyond Equal.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- NAP of the day: Today’s NAPs Table of horse racing tips in the UK & Ireland
- Shergar Cup 2021 teams and jockeys, competition format & Ascot racecard
- Horse Racing: Hurricane Lane the antepost favourite for next month’s St Leger
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Musselburgh on Friday