George Scott has had a couple of winners from his last four runners and Yankee Stadium is his only runner on this evenings card at Wolverhampton. Yankee Stadium failed to win in five maiden efforts for Aiden O’Brien and has since been gelded and moved to Scott.
The gelding put in a fine effort on his debut for his new stable, finishing third only beaten a length and a half at Chelmsford a couple of weeks ago. The form of that race was franked on Saturday when the second-placed horse ‘Defined’ hosed in at Kempton.
Yankee Stadium finished less than a length behind Defined on that recent debut for his new trainer. He moves into novice company this evening and this is a perfectly winnable race. With improvement expected he gets a confident vote to get today’s daily double off to a flying start.
Pallas Dancer caused a bit of an upset on the day after Christmas when scoring at 40/1 over course and distance. Brian Ellison’s charge proved that was no fluke when following up at Newcastle on January 15th. He was only doing just enough to hold on his latest start which means he hasn’t attracted too much attention by the handicapper.
Pallas Dancer runs off a 6lb higher mark today than he did for his victory here over Christmas and I think this improver should have more in the tank. He ran a bit free early on at Newcastle and did well to score in the circumstances at a track that is far more stamina sapping than Wolverhampton.
Stats-wise it’s interesting to note that Brian Ellison has a solid 12% strike rate with four-year-olds and older on the all-weather.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ben Robinson give him his head early on tonight and he can be prominent throughout before kicking away off the final turn. I equally won’t be surprised to see him smiling for the camera again either. A neck will do!
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal their Ryanair Chase antepost bets
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s antepost picks for Queen Mother Champion Chase
- Ryanair Chase latest odds and tips for 2021 race at the Cheltenham Festival
- Queen Mother Champion Chase latest odds and tips ahead of Cheltenham 2021
- Cheltenham Festival: Dates, race times and antepost tips from our experts
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s Lucky 15 to live the dream at the 2021 Festival
- Cheltenham tips: 6 favourites worth following at the 2021 festival