* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Black Medick comes here at the top of her game and should make a bold bid to gain a second course and distance win in the space of four days. Ten Chants needs watching in the market, but MR MAC has plenty in his favour and can gain a fourth C&D success.
The form standard set by Vanitas isn’t an insurmountable one and there are potential improvers on show. CHIPSTEAD looked ready for 7 furlongs when staying on here last time and can come out on top.
Mammasaidknockuout and Obtuse bring recent winning C&D form into the race and both are considered but this is a marked drop in grade for SANDS IN TIME (NAP) and he can show the benefit now tried in first-time headgear.
Most of these usually ply their trade in Class 6 company and it could be that those at the head of the weights can dominate. Vandad has races in him, but fellow three-year-old AWEEMAWEH shaped better over 7 furlongs here last time and may be ready to strike back down in distance. Barrington and Sir Rodneyredblood are others to consider.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Outrage, reunited with Hollie Doyle, has solid claims in this lesser grade and he’s feared, while Newyorkstateofmind has conditions to suit and should be in the thick of it again. A losing run of 18 is the obvious nagging doubt about supporting KICK ON KICK ON but he was a shade unlucky when well backed at Wolverhampton last time, the winner has gone in again since and he still looks very favourably treated.
A trappy race. Mark Johnston saddles two interesting contenders in Myrtle Maclagan and COUPE DE CHAMPAGNE, and the latter may be able to build on her promising third at Chelmsford. Book Of Secrets may be best of the remainder.
A close second last time confirms that ARABESCATO likes this venue and he is fancied to come out on top. Gold Standard wasn’t far behind the selection that day and should go close again, while Stevie McKeane and Rathbride Prince still have potential and cannot be ignored.
It might pay to focus on the fillies and mares, with preference for COROFIN who has had excuses recently. Villanelle was unfortunate last time but could bounce back, while Affair shouldn’t be ignored under Hollie Doyle.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy’s Jargon Buster – A guide to Horse Racing terms
- Ruby Walsh: Altior withdrawal will be justified by Champion Chase victory
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s top trio of plays at Lingfield on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 sweet picks at Southwell on Sunday