* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
DUBAI TIGRESS didn’t pull any trees up in a trio of minor events, but left that form well behind when making her handicap debut over 6 furlongs at Wolverhampton last week. She started at 16/1, but was only beaten a short head.
She looked better the longer the race went on, really getting the hang of things late on, only just failing to overhaul the winner. The extra furlong will be in his favour now and she makes plenty of appeal from the same mark, the longer straight at this track likely to see her in a better light, too.
TARROOB shaped well in a fairly useful maiden at Doncaster in November and built on that promise when winning a mile and a quarter minor event at Chelmsford last time. She was uneasy in the betting beforehand.
However, she was definitely sharper for that initial experience while also showing signs of greenness, hanging left in the final furlong but readily drawing clear. An opening mark of 76 looks lenient on that form, and there should be even more to come from this well-bred filly, so looks the one to side with back in trip.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
MY LAW won a handicap over 7 furlongs at this course from this mark earlier this year when trained by Mick Appleby. She was then unlucky not to finish closer when fifth over the same course and distance two weeks ago.
She raced in rear and had to wait for a gap around 2 furlongs out, keeping on once in the clear without being unduly punished. My Law almost certainly remains in form and that was just her third start for this yard, so she should be competitive from a handicap mark she is capable of winning from.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: Watch live draw at 6pm on Monday to find out week 5 winner
- Horse Racing Tips: Timeform’s smashing 7 for Monday at Plumpton
- Paddy’s Jargon Buster – A guide to Horse Racing terms