* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
This looks very trappy with most of the field having one question mark or another surrounding them. Nastasiya and Raiff still have time to do better on the Flat, while Can Can Girl will benefit from the return of a visor, but MAJOR SNUGFIT is preferred. He has been in fine form in recent months, including a good run off this mark last time, and he looks the safest option.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
Mahanakhon Power, International Law, Reclaim Victory and Cosa Sara all made it onto the shortlist, but ENGLES ROCK may be the answer back up in trip. Everything went wrong for Lucinda Russell’s mare here 18 days ago, but she had been in good form prior to that and she still looks feasibly weighted.
There was no fluke about the debut win of Blackjack and he can go well despite the penalty, but ALHAMMAAM ran a cracker behind a fast-improving filly at Chelmsford 19 days ago and looks to have been found a good opportunity to break his duck. Forever’s Lady has shaped well in her two course runs and remains capable of much better.
Alia Choice is a well-related newcomer, but this is a useful novice event with four previous winners on show. Instinction bolted up over course and distance six weeks ago and should go well, but KABOO can follow up his Wolverhampton success before having his sights raised again.
All four runners come here in form, but none more so than MASKED IDENTITY (NAP) – who is taken to complete his four-timer. Star Shield could prove best of the rest.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
A tactical event wouldn’t play to the strengths of either Orbaan or Sanaadh which counts against them, for all they are both well handicapped. Lead Story could enjoy the run of things, but MAYWAKE is unexposed over 7 furlongs and he dug deep to win here three weeks ago. There could be more to come from him and his rider’s 3lbs claim could come in very handy.
Good Earth, For Peat’s Sake and Sugar Baby are all coming here in fair form and can go well, but Antony Brittain could hold the key. Ubahha has been threatening at Southwell of late, but MUTABAAHY has slipped down the weights, ran better tried in a visor last week and could be primed to strike.
GET FAST RESULTS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE
- WE’VE GOT ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU NEED
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Ayr horse racing tips: Jump over to Tuesday’s best bets with Timeform
- Plumpton horse racing tips: A punchy 9/2 pick leads our selections today
- Wednesday horse racing NAPs: Get all today’s best bets in PP News’ table
- Welsh Grand National: Highland Hunter the favourite after Sandown success
- King George VI Chase: Paddy Power’s latest antepost prices for Boxing Day cracker
- Cheltenham Betting: Honeysuckle hardens in Champion Hurdle market for repeat win at 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Energumene is on the scene in Champion Chase shake-up
- Cheltenham Festival: Blazing Khal has Paddy on the run in the Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle