* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It’s a hard race to call but you would side with the yard in form and that’s Dr Richard Newland, who has South Terrace. He’s definitely on an upward curve and he won at Uttoxeter in June. He hasn’t ran since but he could have improved… he’ll do me.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
I don’t feel like I can go against Bravemansgame. He’s flying for Paul Nicholls and Harry Cobden is on board too which is a bonus.
- Since this article was published Bravemansgame has been declared a non-runner.
Tarhib is the one that interests me because William Haggas is not one to blow a handicap mark. He’s only rated 83 so it doesn’t add up with the rest of the horses in this race. Kings Lynn has an official rating of 108! I can’t figure it out. Do they think he’s going to bolt up? You wouldn’t expect Haggas to run a horse this far wrong in a handicap race. He’s the interesting one. He might bomb in or blow out.
Time To Get Up is the interesting horse but I’m not convinced he’ll win over 2m5f. I’m going with The Wests Awake instead. He’s a great traveler and jumper. Phillip Enright is on board and he’s a big price. He’s a decent horse on a going day and this is a wide open race.
Rose Of Arcadia for Colin Tizzard could be the interesting one in this race. She had a hard race on her first start last year at Ffos Las. She only ran three times after and the Tizzard horses look better this time around. She’s rated 119 and is a solid pick.
I’m siding with Hollie Doyle on Farhan for John Butler. He’s only won once, which was this time last year at Pontefract on slow ground. Going up in trip to 1m4f suits him and he ran well last time out at Newmarket when David Egan was on board. I fancy him to go one better here.
I’m all over Hurricane Harvey for Fergal O’Brien. He likes the drier ground, which we’ll have in Wincanton. He had a nice comeback run at Chepstow in October and it’s his second run after a wind operation. He’s worth looking at in this one.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
I fancy another one at a price in If The Cap Fits. He went chasing last season but he never looked like a chaser to me. He reverted to hurdles at the back end of the season and was 11th in the Stayers Hurdle in spring. He’s fresh now after some time off and Harry Fry’s horses are running well. If The Cap Fits is back doing what he loves and that’s jumping hurdles.
I like Belfast Banter for Peter Fahey. Sole Pretender and Goshen will go really hard and Belfast Banter can come and win it late on. He was disappointing at Listowel last time out but he can bounce back here.
Ruby Walsh’s best bets:
Aintree 13:08 – South Terrace
Wincanton 13:50 – Bravemansgame
Doncaster 14:05 – Tarhib
Aintree 14:15 – The Wests Awake
Wincanton 14:25 – Rose Of Arcadia
Doncaster 14:40 – Farhan
Wincanton 15:00 – Hurricane Harvey
Aintree 15:20 – If The Cap Fits
Wincanton 15:35 – Belfast Banter
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 6 sweet picks for Del Mar on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 6 to shine at the Breeders’ Cup on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 7 to shine in Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s fine fancies for Saturday’s ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 5 value plays across the tracks on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Through the Saturday card at Aintree with Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 things to watch for at Aintree on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 10 National Hunt horses to get in your tracker
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s 10 Irish National Hunt horses to follow this season
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 National Hunt season