*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
* Odds quoted on the widget are Future Racing / Antepost prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason – you will lose your stake under traditional Antepost rules
The jumps season is already under way and every year people like a few horses to follow. Now don’t get me wrong, many of the below will not be going off a long odds for backing purposes. But they are all equine beasts I can’t wait to see soon.
Jonbon (N Henderson)
The brother to Douvan who cost £570,000 for JP McManus. Won an Irish point to point before going to Newbury for Nicky Henderson and landing a bumper with ease. Could be anything.
Appreciate It (W Mullins)
Only beaten twice in eight starts for Willie Mullins and having been second in the Festival bumper at Cheltenham was a facile victor of the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle last March. Massive horse who could stay hurdling or go chasing. A beast.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
My Drogo (D Skelton)
Four wins from five starts for Dan Skelton and did really well at Aintree when landing the Grade 1 Mersey Novices’ Hurdle. Has the size and scope to make a chaser and might well be the Arkle winner this season, although he’ll get further and is a long-term Gold Cup prospect.
Honeysuckle (H de Bromhead)
Fabulous mare for Henry de Bromhead who is unbeaten in 12 starts and landed the Champion Hurdle by over two lengths from Sharjah. Getting the mares allowance makes her very hard to stop again.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
Shishkin (N Henderson)
Outstanding hurdler/chaser. A Supreme Novices Hurdle and Arkle Chase winner who ended last term with a battling success at Aintree. Is better than that form suggests and the one to beat in the Queen Mother Champion Chase this season.
Chacun Pour Soi (W Mullins)
Top class chaser. Failed to come up to scratch in this year’s Queen Mother Champion Chase but wasn’t at his best that day and will still win plenty of races this term.
Thyme Hill (P Hobbs)
Top class staying hurdler. Missed Cheltenham this year but was awesome at Aintree in the Stayers’ Hurdle there and gives Tom O’Brien a big ride to look forward too all season for trainer Phillip Hobbs on the road to a Stayers Hurdle tilt.
Magistrato (P Nicholls)
Very promising youngster for Paul Nicholls. Second in France before scoring at Chepstow on his British debut a couple of weeks ago. Stayed well that day and went clear.
A Plus Tard (H de Bromhead)
Gold Cup runner-up in 2020 who is probably better at slightly shorter trips. Whatever the case, is sure to win more races for Henry de Bromhead his season again.
Al Boum Photo (W Mullins)
Former dual Gold Cup hero who is massively over-priced for this year’s renewal. Was not at his best when third this year, but is going to be raced more this season and this is in his favour. Can regain his crown for Willie Mullins.
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 10 National Hunt horses to get in your tracker
- NAP of the Day: Today’s NAPs Table of horse racing tips in the UK & Ireland