* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Recent winners Good Earth and Brazen Belle come right into the reckoning under their penalties, while Rocking Reg hinted at better last time and Molly Shaw is handicapped to go well despite the widest stall. GOT NO DOLLARS, who bumped into a thriving rival here last week, could still be capable of better as a sprinter though and he is marginally preferred.
Harb needs to leave a disappointing run at Chester behind him, but that’s quite possible and he has leading form claims judged on his earlier Chelmsford win. His former stablemate Claim The Stars should go well on his stable debut, while Harry Three is a newcomer of some interest and Washraa should be more streetwise this time. PENGUIN ISLAND showed up well over 7 furlongs here last month though, and she could have a bigger run in her back sprinting.
Run To Freedom is interesting dropped to 6 furlongs at a track where he has already shown very useful form. Fernando Rah could yet resume his progress and he’s a contender, but SOAR ABOVE is a smart performer around here and a recent run at Ascot should have blown away any cobwebs.
Astaroth is on a roll and shouldn’t be underestimated under his penalty, while Incumbent, Unilateralism, Carbon and Groom also have something to recommend them. However, MOON ISLAND faced a very stiff task here when last seen and still has potential on this handicap debut.
Lafan, Super Over and Exceedingly Regal come here in good form and should be involved, but GLOBAL ACCLAIM (NAP) found plenty for pressure when winning at Sandown last month and she should prove just as effective over this extra furlong.
The Clive Cox-trained PRIZE FIGHTING was a creditable third over 1m here last week and today’s drop down to 7 furlongs could be the catalyst for a first win. Los Camachos has won over course and distance the last twice and is an obvious danger. Meanwhile, Andronicus Beau could also play a leading role now he’s back on his preferred Polytrack.
Not many are obvious contenders and it should chiefly concern Mister Freeze, who looks a big player if he can hold his form, and QUEEN OF BURGUNDY. The latter is preferred after a first Polytrack success here last time. There may be more to come from her back up to 7 furlongs and she can defy a 5lbs rise. Royal Guard can be competitive and money for River Chorus would pique interest.
As with the other division, few come into this with strong claims. The suggestion is HIS PRIDE, who looks to have been building towards a win and was arguably unlucky at Newcastle last time. Tell’em Nowt may emerge as his toughest opponent now he’s reverting to this trip, while Strategic Fortune and Tawtheef are ruled out.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 8 best bets at Bath on Wednesday
- Horse Racing tips: Wednesday’s bets bets as Murphy & Buick face off at Nottingham
- NAP of the Day: Today’s NAPs Table of horse racing tips in the UK & Ireland
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 10 National Hunt horses to get in your tracker