* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Only five runners but all can be given a chance. MARK OF RESPECT receives the vote after getting off the mark for the season at Newmarket in a race that is working out well. Kayfast Warrior shows no sign of his busy spell catching up with him and looks the chief threat, ahead of Graystone.
Sagittarius had WHISTLEDOWN behind when scoring at Lingfield in June, but the latter has improved since and can resume winning ways after a fine second last week. Black Hill Storm, tough and reliable, could be the main danger, while Jastar is another to consider.
Gelded since last seen, CROUPIER can fulfil the promise of his first two outings by getting off the mark over this extra furlong. El Bodegon seemed to be learning on the job at Windsor and is much respected with the experience under his belt. The market should be informative about the prospects of the newcomers, with Hoo Ya Mal and New Mission, both hooded, appealing on pedigree.
With the form of his C&D success working out so well, VINO VICTRIX (nap) is taken to follow up at the main expense of Khaiz who may prove suited by this longer distance. The well-bred Praiano may still have some untapped potential, while Folly Beach should be well served by returning to 1m6f and has possibilities too.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
With no confirmed front-runner in the line-up, there’s a danger this race could become tactical, but granted the rub of the green BASHOSH should be the one to beat on his handicap debut. He’s unbeaten thus far and he did well to overcome trouble in running at Doncaster. Rebel Territory has been running well in defeat and looks the main danger, ahead of Shuv H’penny King.
An open race to conclude the card. Tundra, unfortunate not to complete a hat-trick last time, is much respected but narrow preference is for the unexposed DEEP SIGH who can build on the form of her Doncaster win. It’s possible to make a case for several of the others, notably Florence Street and Light Of Thunder.
Sandown tips today
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s best bets at Goodwood and Galway on Wednesday
- Horse Racing Tips: Our cheat sheet for day 2 of Glorious Goodwood
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 7 slick picks at Goodwood on Wednesday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets on Galway Plate day
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 5 to thrive at Glorious Goodwood
- Horse Racing tips: The 4 best-backed runners at Galway and Goodwood this week