* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
An interesting race in which the vote goes to DEJAME PASO (nap), who resumed his progress back on fast ground when landing a Class 3 event at Sandown last month and a 4lb rise for that success looks fair. Second choice is the unexposed Just For Yuse, who forged clear in a maiden last time and is open to more improvement on his handicap debut. Others to consider are Semper Augustus, who looks interesting on his step up to this trip, and State Patrol, who could be dangerous if he gets more luck than he did at Chester on his recent return.
Mythmaker is interesting despite an absence but the vote goes to COOL SPIRIT at the other end of the weights. The selection, an easy winner at Musselburgh in the spring, is still well handicapped on his old form and Mollie Phillips’ 7lb claim is a plus. Obee Jo and Triggered are others to consider.
This is all about the ‘silks’, with SILKY WILKIE and Silken Petals the leading players on these terms. A success for the consistent Petals wouldn’t be out of turn but Wilkie may be able to improve past her.
Back down sharply in class, ALPINE STAR is very hard to oppose despite a 292-day absence. She’s so far clear on the figures that she can afford to be a little rusty, and if she’s in top shape she should win by a street. On ratings Fooraat looks an obvious contender for the runner-up spot but there are some unexposed types, notably Vesela, who could mount a strong challenge for that silver medal.
The least exposed contender is the well-bred KETTLE HILL, and there’s a chance he’ll take his form to a new level after over three months off. Solid candidates in opposition include Redarna (second choice), Global Spirit and Garden Oasis.
Quick ground is an unknown but it’s still hard to look beyond SIR TITUS, who made all at Haydock this month and has now won three in a row. Radrizzani bounced back to form last time and is dangerous off the same mark. International Girl completes the shortlist.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Through the card at Ascot on Friday with Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: A tasty 5/1 shot leads our Thirsk selections today
- Paddy’s financial boon for grooms with Best Turned Out Galway Festival sponsorship
- Fantastic five-fold sees crafty Irish punter score over €3.5k off only €1.44 stake
- Galway Races antepost favourites for 3 of the big renewals at 2021 Festival
- When is the King George? 2021 Ascot date, start time, prize money, runners