*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
*Odds quoted on the widget are Future Racing / Antepost prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason – you will lose your stake under traditional Antepost rules
Chantry House sauntered to a 37l victory in a match race at Sandown on Sunday – and Paddy’s traders reacted by cutting his price for the Cheltenham Gold Cup 2022.
The 2021 Marsh Novices’ Chase winner destroyed The Big Breakaway in the John O’Leary Memorial Future Stars Intermediate Chase (Listed) to kick off what should be an exciting campaign in fine style.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
Chantry House has now won back-to-back contests over three miles – he beat Shan Blue by 32l in the Mildmay Novices’ Chase in April – so a crack at the Cheltenham Gold Cup is likely to be the big aim for the season.
Speaking after Chantry House’s easy win, trainer Nicky Henderson said: “I’m glad it’s over. He’s beaten all the novices but it’s a step up the next year taking on the big boys. I know everyone will shout about two-horse races but we need this. What else do I do with him?
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
“Champ is hopefully going to the Betfair Chase, because he has to go left-handed, so where does it leave Chantry House to go? These races were made to give youngsters a chance to break through. The runner-up is good and he’s done everything we wanted him to do.”
Chantry House’s more immediate target could be the King George VI Chase on Boxing Day, with Paddy’s traders also trimming his odds for that. A three-mile slog with 18 fences to jump, trainer Nicky Henderson believes the Sandown stroll shows Chantry House should be able to cope with the demands of the Kempton cracker.
“I’ll have to talk to JP [McManus, owner] about it,” the Seven Barrows chief said. “It seems the natural thing to do at the moment. He’s now proved he stays and his jumping was lovely.
“I know it may not have proved a lot but The Big Breakaway is a good horse on his day and Colin Tizzard’s horses are running well at the moment.”
Cheltenham Gold Cup 2022 Antepost Odds
King George VI Chase 2021 Antepost Odds
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 National Hunt season
- Cheltenham Festival: Honeysuckle tops Champion Hurdle 2022 antepost market
- Cheltenham Festival: Shishkin the early favourite for Champion Chase 2022
- Cheltenham Festival: When is the 2022 Cheltenham Festival at Prestbury Park?