* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
ALBORKAN was a fairly useful winner on the Flat for this yard and, with the hood fitted first time, opened his account in grand style in a similar event at Plumpton a fortnight ago. He seemed well suited by the switch to a quicker surface, well positioned as the race went but still running to a level more in line with his Flat form. He was well in command on the run-in, winning with plenty in hand, and he should have no problem following up under a penalty under conditions that clearly suit.
Linelee King took his chance in the Champion Bumper at last year’s Cheltenham Festival and duly made a winning start over hurdles on his reappearance at Kelso in October. That wasn’t much of a race, but he has shown improved form in defeat since, travelling as though he will have no problem defying this mark on his handicap debut at Southwell in February. There should be even more to come from him, and he makes plenty of appeal for a yard that do well at this track.
Oksana’s last win came on good ground at this course in September and she could be ready to strike again judged on her latest runs. She has now fallen 3lbs below her last winning mark, and left the impression she would be well suited by a return to this longer trip when hitting the frame at Musselburgh last time. She was outpaced when the race began in earnest that day and should be competitive back at this venue in what looks an open handicap.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Horse Racing tips: Our cracking trio of plays at Limerick on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 nifty picks at Pontefract on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s Punchestown Gold Cup antepost bets
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey favour Sir Gerhard in Punchestown bumper
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey picks Aintree winner to track at Punchestown