* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
The opening action is a Division 1 of a maiden hurdle where An Taibhse for Rachael Blackmore and Henry De Bromhead will be fancied to go well. The mare has been placed on her two runs so far and will be hoping to be in the mix.
But, I fancy EYRE SQUARE – who is one of the more experienced runners in the line-up – to go well in this contest. She made her fourth bumper start a winning one as favourite at Wexford when last seen 30 days ago. She is making her hurdles debut and with the Gavin Cromwell-trained horses going well over the last few days and I expect this mare to double up on her recent success.
This is another 2m 3f maiden hurdle and I expect the CAPTAIN KANGAROO, who was a previous bumper winner beating Kilcruit, to be right at the forefront of proceedings. He is a useful hurdler who finishing 11th in the County Hurdle at the Cheltenham festival, but is returning to an easier assignment here and should be the one they all need to beat.
Of the rivals, Not Available – who was beaten favourite at Tramore when last seen, is interesting. He is wearing a tongue strap for the first time and will hope to go well. But, I just believe Captain Kangaroo will have loads to offer in a race of this nature.
I fancy the only previous course and distance winner in the line-up here, and that is SEANGOELL. The mare was very impressive when winning the last day, she was short of room but managed to rally herself back into the race and won quiet comfortably in the end. I expect a similar sort of effort will see her involved again.
The Philip Rothwell-trained Siberian Star was a good winner at Leopardstown the last day and has got up in the weights, but James Sullivan is taking 5lbs off which could help. But, I really liked the manner in which Seangoell went about the victory the last day and another solid run will see her bang there at the finish.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 nifty picks at Pontefract on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 selections to follow at Market Rasen on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s Punchestown Gold Cup antepost bets
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey favour Sir Gerhard in Punchestown bumper
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey picks Aintree winner to track at Punchestown