Football – it’s a funny old game.
One minute you’re seconds away from a 2-1 win away at Bramall Lane, the next, Ollie McBurnie’s smashed your keeper’s skull into tiny bits while simultaneously winning a penalty which he subsequently dispatches with greater deftness than you’d expect from a 16-times capped Scottish international striker with no goals to his name to steal a point.
- NEW TO PADDY POWER? PLACE A £5 BET ON SPORTS GET £20 IN FREE BETS!
Things can turn in a instant – or not, as one Paddy Power punter can tell you after they put together a stunning 1,485/1 10-leg bet builder and nine of them came in.
This shrewd selector made their play on the early Saturday games from the Premier League and Championship, with five winning picks from Arsenal v Crystal Palace and another quintet from Swansea v Southampton – but only four of those won, meaning not only did their massive-odds, £1 Multi-Match Bet Builder fall short in agonising fashion, they also missed out on the chance to go top of our Bet Builder All Stars leaderboard for January.
In case you don’t know, the Bet Builder All Stars is Paddy’s way of rewarding those who pull off sensational Bet Building feats with prizes like football jerseys, Apple products, Amazon vouchers, free bets and more – on top of bet winnings of course!
There’s also a chance to win a free bet each week even if your Bet Builder doesn’t click, because we’ll also be showcasing the five longest-odds Bet Builders that lost by one-little-bloody-effing leg in our Off The Post section.
If that sounds good to you, OPT IN in here.
Our near-miss punters shout had over 4.5 on both Home and Away corners came in at the Emirates, along with Arsenal and Palace three Shots on Target bets on the game.
While legs on Swansea’s shots on target, Saints’ shots on target and corners also did the trick – but the Swans failed to meet expectations on corners with just 3 when our punter had plumped for 5 or more.
Gutted is not the word.
That meant the the prospect of a four-figure return on a one quid bet evaporated instantly.
But our so-close bettor can at least console themselves with their Off The Post contender for January.
- If you want to be in with a chance of winning some rewards even if your Bet Builder loses, OPT IN in here.
- Football Tips: Thommo says Brighton will edge past Wolves in 5/1 Bet Builder
- Football Tips: We’ve a 37/1 Acca for Tuesday night’s Football League action
- Henderson confirms work in Saudi Arabia done in just 6 months
- Spurs target Timo Werner says he’ll “bounce back” after missing flight to London
- Premier League Sack Race: Which manager’s favourite to get the boot?