*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Jomont has improved of late but he has stamina to prove over the new trip whereas CARAUSIUS is a strong stayer over this far and was again an emphatic winner at Southwell recently. Trinity Girl doesn’t have the same progressive profile as her two main rivals but she has no stamina queries and may be next best back here for the first time since her C&D win in August.
Charlie Appleby could have a clean sweep here and the market can give an idea as to what’s expected. COLOURFUL DREAM never made a forward move behind an impressive stablemate at Newmarket but at least her position in the market indicated that she’d shown plenty at home and she has had wind surgery since. After The Rain, hooded for her debut, and Timeless Melody make up the Appleby contingent.
This is a stiffer test of TOMMY TAYLOR‘s credentials than last time but he comes here at the top of his game and may be the best suited to a tactical event. Vindobala can chase him home.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
Bernard Spierpoint has finally turned a corner and should make another bold bid, while Eeh Bah Gum shaped with some promise on his stable debut and Joshua R ran very well over C&D 20 days ago. NELLIE FRENCH is a more risky proposition but she should be at concert pitch now, shaped okay over 6f here on her penultimate start and is very well treated on last winter’s best effort.
WANT FAST RESULTS? NO PROBLEM!
- WE HAVE ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU’LL EVER WANT
An interesting race despite the small field. Rathbone is much better than he was showing at the backend of the turf season and he is high on the shortlist. Devil’s Angel could improve again on Tapeta but he will need to and perhaps top-weight ABERAMA GOLD can confirm the promise of his latest Southwell fifth. He’s very well treated on last winter’s best.
Oriental Lilly should go well with Paul Mulrennan back on board, while Deevious Beau and Power Point also come into the reckoning. The unexposed CLEAR ANGEL (nap) has shown clear winning potential this winter and he can break his duck at the sixth time of asking.
Most of the runners arrive in good form, notably ENGLES ROCK and Dreamseller who finished first and second in a Class 5 contest over C&D four weeks ago. They are leading contenders back down in grade and may well finish in the same order, with Engles Rock’s rider Oisin McSweeney able to claim 3lb (offsets a 2lb rise). Third choice is Masham Moor, ahead of Magical Mile and Broctune Red.
Newcastle tips today
The Cheltenham Countdown is on, and our From the Horse’s Mouth Cheltenham specials will be live on your feed EVERY Tuesday morning from now until Festival week. Hit subscribe to make sure you don’t miss a thing as we preview all the races and our team of tipsters serve up their Antepost punts.
CHELTENHAM ANTEPOST TIPS
- Cheltenham Tips: 5 to thrive as Paddy goes Non Runner Money Back on all races
- Cheltenham Tips: Frank Hickey’s Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle pick as we go Non Runner Money Back all races
- Cheltenham Tips: A 12/1 punt tops Frank Hickey’s Cheltenham Gold Cup best bets
- Ruby Walsh: Shishkin will beat Willie Mullins pair in the Champion Chase
- Ruby Walsh: Appreciate It is the only horse that could beat Honeysuckle in the Champion Hurdle
- Ruby Walsh: I’d choose to ride Galvin over conflated in the Cheltenham Gold Cup
- Frank Hickey: Sir Gerhard wins the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle if his jumping is ok
- Cheltenham Festival: The best-backed horses in Paddy’s book for the championship races
- Cheltenham Festival: 5 Irish runners to thrive as Paddy is NRMB on all races
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 day-by-day schedule and guide to the big races