Paddy’s Non runner money back on ALL races at the Cheltenham Festival.
Now the Dublin Racing Festival is finished, we’re officially on the road to the Cheltenham Festival here at Paddy Power, with our Cheltenham tipping podcast series is in full swing.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS!
The From The Horse’s Mouth team took a close look at the Cheltenham Gold Cup and top trader Frank Hickey is keeping an eye on Galvin and Tornado Flyer.
The Cheltenham Countdown is on, and our From the Horse’s Mouth Cheltenham specials will be live on your feed EVERY Tuesday morning from now until Festival week. Hit subscribe to make sure you don’t miss a thing as we preview all the races and our team of tipsters serve up their Antepost punts.
You can listen to the Cheltenham Countdown show in full BELOW.
- LIKE PADDY POWER NEWS? OR MAYBE YOU JUST LIKE TO WHINGE? TELL US WHAT YOU THINK IN OUR READER SURVEY
“In Galvin’s last nine starts over fences, he’s won seven of them including the Savills Chase and the National Hunt Chase. His defeats were his second in the Novice handicap chase at the 2020 festival and he was second in the Champion Chase at Down Royal. All of his runs at Cheltenham have been on the old course but he has won twice, finished second and was 6th in a Ballymore Novices Hurdle.
“We all know Minella Indo loves Cheltenham. He has won an Albert Bartlett and a Gold Cup and was second in the RSA. He made a fair reappearance at Down Royal when beaten 5l behind Frodon and Galvin. It was a poor run at Kempton when pulled up but plenty of horses haven’t taken to that particular test. He was much better when second in the Paddy Power Irish Gold Cup. That should leave him spot on and he is a big player now.
THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
“Tornado Flyer is a bigger price than Conflated which I don’t understand. Both are unexposed at three miles but it suggests that people think that Tornado Flyer’s win was a bit of a fluke in a race that fell apart. That may be the case but we have very little evidence about his level of ability at 3m plus. He was second in last year’s John Durkan and was third in the Ryanair.
“A Plus Tard was third in a Ryanair the year previous to his second in a Gold Cup. I definitely wouldn’t discount him and think it is dangerous to dismiss him.
“As for Allaho, I won’t change my mind that were he to run here that he would win the Gold Cup.
“I think that Galvin is rock solid but at the prices I would debate taking a chance on Tornado Flyer.”
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while in-copy odds are accurate at the time of publication but subject to change
CHELTENHAM ANTEPOST TIPS
- Cheltenham Tips: Your ultimate antepost betting guide to the 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Tips: 5 to thrive as Paddy goes Non Runner Money Back on all races
- Cheltenham Tips: Frank Hickey’s Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle pick as we go Non Runner Money Back all races
- Cheltenham Tips: A 7/1 play tops our pundits’ Champion Hurdle best bets
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Cheltenham Festival 2022 day-by-day schedule and guide to the big races
- Cheltenham Festival: Paddy goes Non Runner Money Back on all races
- Cheltenham Festival: The best-backed horses in Paddy’s book for the Championship races