* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Each and every day of the racing year we bring you a bumper NAPs table to give you the inside scoop on all the plays you’ll need that day.
Don’t know what a NAPs table is? We’ll tell you! It’s an independently run competition involving the cream of the British and Irish racing press whose positions in the table are based on their profits to Level Stakes. And just like all sports competitions worldwide, those doing best are towards the top of the table.
So, we decided to put that golden guide to the test and use it to steer you towards what could be a savvy Lucky 15 (4 horses, 15 bets). The four you’ll see below are the selections of the four best performing tipsters in the table. Let’s get to the bets…
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
This could boil down to a duel between two smart staying chasers. Bearing in mind that the subsequent Grand National fourth Burrows Saint was an odds-on failure in this race last year, preference is for PENCILFULLOFLEAD who had good form during his four-race novice chase campaign last season. Western Victory is the most appealing of those with recent hurdles form.
The unexposed JONY MAX has run well in both his races following wind surgery and is surely a winner waiting to happen. Although My Lady Grey went close here last time she doesn’t have the most convincing of records over fences, while the same could be said of chasing debutant Bomber’s Moon over hurdles. Therefore, Arc Of Bubbles, back up in distance, could be the danger.
Solid contenders are thin on the ground and SERGEANT looks to have the whip hand, being 3lb well in for another solid effort behind an improved one at Ludlow. It would be easy to write off Tara Iti’s second on unfavourable terms in a seller here 17 days ago as a one-off but he was a course winner on the Flat last year and this track clearly suits. He looks the main danger, although Durragh and Good Impression may yet do better over hurdles.
The two last-time-out winners look the pair to focus on. A 2lb rise for Rogue Force’s cosy Kempton win is very fair and he won’t go down without a fight but INTERNATIONALANGEL is flourishing and the manner of her C&D win four weeks ago strongly suggests she can hold her own in this higher grade.
- TO CHECK OUT ALL OF TODAY’S NAPS, CLICK HERE FOR PADDY POWER’S NAPS TABLE
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Tiger Roll next race: Grand National hero handed Saturday Aintree entry
- Becher Chase 2021: Chris’s Dream heads the weights as 26 eye Aintree glory
- King George VI Chase: Lostintranslation cut for Kempton Boxing Day feature
- Cheltenham Betting: Honeysuckle hardens in Champion Hurdle market for repeat win at 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Buzz cut as Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle market shaken up