Sir Maxi shaped well behind an impressive winner on debut at Windsor who has since won again, and he duly built on his own promise when going one place better at Pontefract last time, landing the odds with the minimum of fuss. Admittedly, that was just a modest race, but he remains unexposed, and will be well suited by the step up to seven furlongs now. An opening mark of 73 looks lenient and Sir Maxi can follow up despite a wide draw.
Dejame Paso showed only greenness on debut at Newmarket in August and failed to beat a rival home in a similar event at Sandown last time. However, he knew much more than on his debut, and shaped better than the bare result, short of room over two furlongs from home and denied a run in the final furlong. He finished with running left on that occasion, and remains capable of better still, so is worth another chance in what doesn’t look as strong of a race.
This looks a competitive handicap, but Plansina caught the eye at Wolverhampton two weeks ago, not getting the clearest of runs but still looking threatening having had to make her challenge out wide. She also left the impression she would have benefited from a stronger gallop, finishing never nearer than at the finish, and she ought to be involved again at decent odds.
- Nap: 15:40 Lingfield – Sir Maxi
- Next best: 14:40 Lingfield – Dejame Paso
- Each way: 16:40 Lingfield – Plansina
*All odds up-to-date with our new banners
- Frank Hickey’s 5 to fly across the cards on Tuesday
- Sprint over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Horse Racing: How to watch racing for free with Paddy Power
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners