Beauty Stone looked to be going the wrong way since returning to racing in late Autumn, finishing way down the field in her first couple of starts for Tom Ward, but she got back on track with a couple of fourths at Nottingham and Kempton last month and, upped in trip, showed improved form to get off the mark over this course and distance at the beginning of the month.
She looked suited by the longer trip on that occasion, she and the runner-up finishing clear of the remainder. That form is worth viewing positively, and given Beauty Stone is still unexposed over this sort of trip, she is taken to defy a 6 lb rise in the weights and double her career tally.
Exalted Angel followed up his Southwell victory in March with success at the same venue seven months on, picking up where he’d left off and then some, far more dominant on the latter occasion. He came close to bringing up a course hat-trick two weeks on, continuing in good heart and losing little caste in defeat behind a younger rival who took really well to the surface, and he ran even better switched to tapeta as he again found just one too good at Newcastle last month, not seen to anything like best effect on that occasion, either. He has a serious chance of reversing the form with the reopposing Venturous provided things go more to plan this time around.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
A half-brother to three winners, including Aguerooo, Global Vision made plenty of appeal on paper ahead of his debut at Chelmsford in September, but he ultimately shaped as if in need of the experience, awkward leaving the stalls and not persevered with once held. His second outing didn’t yield too much improvement, but he shaped much better over this course and distance last month, running much better than the bare result suggests, left with a hopeless task from his position following a slow start but really catching the eye with a late charge. He is likely to make a much bigger impact this time around and could be worth chancing at the current prices.
Timeform’s 3 best bets at Wolverhampton on Friday
More tips for Friday
- Timeform’s 6 best bets at Ascot on Friday
- Jason Weaver’s 6 slicks picks under lights on Friday night
- Matt Chapman’s 5 best bets for Friday’s ITV races
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: Politologue backers enter Monday’s Live draw at 6pm for week 4 winner
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: I’ve £1m more reasons to watch on New Year’s Day now says week 4 winner
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: This must be karma after the break-in says week 3 winner
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: I hadn’t a clue I’d won says week 2 winner
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: Birthday Girl Lands €10k Booty As First Qualifier For New Year’s Day Giveaway