* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
England tackle Croatia in their first Euro 2020 match at 2pm on Sunday and the eyes of Irish football will be on this game, hoping for a few quid to come their way with Paddy giving €10,000 per goal to our grassroots football through the #SaveOurGame campaign.
ENGLAND V CROATIA: FREE £/€5 BET BUILDER OFFER
- Don’t forget to claim your £/€5 FREE BET BUILDER on this game. Simply head here to claim.
There’s also the chance for you to win some free cash as well as Paddy’s giving every punter a completely free £/€5 free bet on this game. Simply head here to opt in.
So, with plenty on the line for England, Paddy’s punters and Irish football, which way do Emmet and Rob see this one going? Our daring duo mull over the possibilities and deliver some potential punts for your free Bet Builder.
England to Win
Emmet: I think we have an incentive to cheer for England here with Paddy’s #SaveOurGame campaign and I can see why England are such a short price against a decent Croatia team. This England team, for me, is probably their most gifted since their 2006, Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard, generation.
Sunday 2pm: England v Croatia
BBC One and BBC iPlayer
I think, whereas they’re coming towards their peak, Croatia are coming towards the end of their cycle with players like Luka Modric possibly past their best. So, as the first leg of our Bet Builder I like England to Win.
Luke Shaw to have an Assist
Emmet: The way I’m looking for this leg is Luke Shaw to have an assist. Shaw’s obviously been in magnificent form for Manchester United, even overshadowing Bruno Fernandes in the second half of the season.
I think he might take some set plays and we saw how dangerous England were from those dead balls at the last World Cup. I think Shaw will be a huge threat to grab an assist here.
Phil Foden to Have 1 or More Shots on Target
Rob: I’m going to throw in Phil Foden to Have 1 or More Shots on Target in this game. I think he has a great chance of starting and many think he could be Young Player of the Tournament as well as Player of the Tournament as well.
Both Teams To Score
Rob: Let’s go for Both Teams To Score in the final leg as, if you remember in the World Cup, Croatia knocked England out but Both Teams Scored and the last time they met is was 2-1 with England winning courtesy of a late Harry Kane goal. Croatia seem to have a good record of scoring against England and so Both Teams to Score might not be a bad shout either.
Emmet: I definitely see where you’re coming from there. And if punters are having a go at this bet, or any other four-legged bet, then remember if three legs win and the fourth leg loses you’ll get your money back as a free bet as part of our Bet Builder insurance offer.
Our England v Croatia Bet Builder
England to Win
Luke Shaw to assist
Phil Foden to have 1 or More Shots on Target
Both Teams to Score
These selections in an acca-insured four-fold Bet Builder will give you odds of around 25/1 with Paddy Power.
NOT SURE WHAT WE’RE TALKING ABOUT? CLICK HERE TO LEARN ALL ABOUT WHAT A BET BUILDER IS
BET BUILDER ACCA INSURANCE
If one leg of your 4+ fold Bet Builder lets you down, you get up to £/€10 back as a free bet. Customers can qualify for 1 Bet Builder Acca Insurance per day up to £/€10. The free bets will be credited by 12pm the following day.
READ MORE ON EURO 2020
- Emmanuel Petit: N’Golo Kante is the heart and soul of the France team
- Emmanuel Petit: Alexander-Arnold absence not major blow for England
- Emmanuel Petit Exclusive: Wilfried Zaha would be perfect for Arsenal in crucial summer
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be group winners
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be the tournament’s top goalscorer
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be Young Player of the Tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – at this summer’s tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: High or low? Here’s where your goalscoring bets should go