* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
In the countdown to the Euro 2020, people in France are talking about Kylian Mbappe, Karim Benzema and Antoine Griezmann, but the key player in this France team is N’Golo Kante.
He’s the best player in the side and is the heart and soul of this French team. He dictates the tempo for his teammates and keeps their feet on the ground all the time.
He is so important for Didier Deschamps and the team on many levels.
I’m a huge fan like millions of others in France. Kante doesn’t talk to the press much, he doesn’t have a big social media presence and he doesn’t drive a Lamborghini or a Ferrari. But, every team in the world would want N’Golo Kante in their side.
Other players love him so much too, look at how Cesar Azpilicueta and Olivier Giroud spoke about him after his performance for Chelsea in the Champions League final. People have been saying that sort of thing about him since he won the Premier League with Leicester. I’m surprised that anyone is surprised now about his performances on the pitch, and his character.
Classy Chelsea will be even better next term
Chelsea won the Champions League with their attacking players not at their best. They changed many of their strikers and wingers last summer and, while some of them have had a decent season, they can do so much more.
They won the Champions League knowing that Timo Werner can have 10 chances per game and miss all of them.
Kai Havertz woke up during the final and had a great game, but he has had a frustrating campaign – as have Hakim Ziyech and Christian Pulisic.
Defensively they looked strong while winning the Champions League and finishing in the top four. Can you imagine what it will be like when they are strong offensively as well? It could be very hard for opponents to beat Chelsea next season.
- Emmanuel Petit: Alexander-Arnold absence not major blow for England
- Emmanuel Petit Exclusive: Wilfried Zaha would be perfect for Arsenal in crucial summer
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be group winners
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be the tournament’s top goalscorer
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be Young Player of the Tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – at this summer’s tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: High or low? Here’s where your goalscoring bets should go