In these uncertain times, one of the nice things we’ve got to enjoy is the total feast of football the Premier League has served us up – and Monday is no different, as we’ve got two terrific games to look forward to in English football’s top tier.
First up, we head to Villa Park as Aston Villa kick-off their campaign as Sheffield United come to Birmingham at 6pm.
The Blades were stunned inside the opening six minutes at home to Wolves last week and manager Chris Wilder will be hoping for a much better showing on their first away day. Villa, on the other hand, start their second season in the Premier League with a new sense of optimism after locking down star man Jack Grealish to a new contract and securing the services of striker Ollie Watkins from Brentford.
Later that evening at 8.15pm, Wolves welcome Manchester City to Molineux as Pep Guardiola’s men look to get their title challenge underway at a stadium that hasn’t been a happy hunting ground for them in recent years.
Nuno Espírito Santo’s side have strengthened significantly during the window and this promises to be one hell of a battle.
Ahead of the game Rob Catterson from PPTV caught up with our trader Brian McDonnell to get his top tips for the night and he was kind enough to deliver us a delightful double for the occasion. Check it out below.
It was a draw when these two met at Villa Park last season in the first game back after lockdown, it finished 0-0 and we fancy more of the same here.
Sheffield United look in difficulty this season with their attacking options and opposition teams will now be ready for their style of play.
Aston Villa have made some good signings in Watkins and Emiliano Martinez, but doubts remain over their lack of midfield creativity. This should be a low scoring affair and the price on a draw is too good to pass up.
We are picking Manchester City to win this one and take advantage of the extra week’s rest they’ve got over Wolves, who have played twice in the last week.
With the amount of attacking talent City possess, it’s just to hard to look past Pep Guardiola’s outfit in this one.
It City nick an early lead, they could just pass Wolves off the park and that makes the first goal in this contest vital for both sides.
- A double on these two best bets pays at approximately 3/1 with Paddy Power. Odds are subject to change.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
Premier League tips summary:
- All the latest football previews from across the English football and Europe are just a click away
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners
- Football tips: 2 to do the business from our trader for Villa v Sheff Utd
- Football tips: Our magic 17/1 Same Game Multi for Wolves v Manchester City on Monday
- Wolves v Man City tips: Our trader’s 2 tasty punts for Monday’s big one