* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Sunday 17:00: Austria v North Macedonia
Even if North Macedonia lose, they will still be competitive and they’re a little underrated by the market going into the tournament. I fancy them to get a result against Austria and North Macedonia +1 on the handicap is a nice bet. It means if North Macedonia draw or win, you’ve got a winner.
Austria are a decent team but North Macedonia are a big price. People will expect North Macedonia to get dominated at Euro 2020 and have a poor team but actually some of their attacking players are decent. North Macedonia can keep it close against Austria.
If you were to back anyone from North Macedonia to score, Leeds’ Ezgjan Alioski makes sense as he takes penalties. As we’ve seen in previous tournaments, penalties tend to take up a fairly high percentage of goals.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Check out our complete team-by-team guides for the opening game:
- North Macedonia Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
- Austria Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
READ MORE ON EURO 2020
- Emmanuel Petit: N’Golo Kante is the heart and soul of the France team
- Emmanuel Petit: Alexander-Arnold absence not major blow for England
- Emmanuel Petit Exclusive: Wilfried Zaha would be perfect for Arsenal in crucial summer
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be group winners
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be the tournament’s top goalscorer
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be Young Player of the Tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – at this summer’s tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: High or low? Here’s where your goalscoring bets should go