* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Friday 20:00: Turkey v Italy
I’m expecting a close game here as both teams are quite fancied heading into the tournament. Italy’s odds have shortened and Turkey have impressed recently, especially when they beat the Netherlands in a World Cup Qualifier. This should be an exciting game and I’m leaning towards Italy winning but both teams scoring.
It could be a close game between two potent attacking sides but Italy should have enough to get the win. As for an Italy goalscorer, Nicolo Barella is worth backing. He could be one of the breakout players of the tournament. He gets forward more for the national side than he does for Inter Milan and he’s got a good goalscoring record.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Check out our complete team-by-team guides for the opening game:
- Italy Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
- Turkey Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
READ MORE ON EURO 2020
- Emmanuel Petit: N’Golo Kante is the heart and soul of the France team
- Emmanuel Petit: Alexander-Arnold absence not major blow for England
- Emmanuel Petit Exclusive: Wilfried Zaha would be perfect for Arsenal in crucial summer
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be group winners
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be the tournament’s top goalscorer
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be Young Player of the Tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – at this summer’s tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: High or low? Here’s where your goalscoring bets should go