Anyone with even a passing interest in football will know that the real stars of the sport are… the mascots!
So we wanted to take you behind the scenes to see what their life is like away from the pitch.
Unfortunately, that wasn’t possible, so we just had to imagine what it might be like instead.
We’ve released a four-part content series, The Mascot, across our social channels, with the first episode earning more than a million views within 48 hours.
- RANKED: Six of the best English managers of all time
- The Boys in Green: Six magic moments from Ireland’s golden era
- Paddy Power’s complete guide to the only Euro league left… in Belarus
The second installment was released on Monday night.
The series, which follows an out-of-work dinosaur mascot called Frank The Tank, was written by Noel Slevin and Steven Quick from our social media team, and directed by comedy legend David Schneider – best known for his work with Armando Iannucci and Steve Coogan.
It was filmed and produced last year by That Lot, with Dartford FC’s Princes Park stadium amongst the locations.
Keep your eyes peeled on Paddy Power’s YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages on Thursday for the third episode.
- Six of the best Goal of the Month competitions EVER
- Seven of the weirdest curses in world football
- Who is good bet for Euro 2021 after delay to tournament?