Gather round, punters, we’ve got something lined up for you.
The festive spirit has filled Paddy with generosity, and we’ve decided to bring back one of your old favourites. That’s right, the Money Back Special is set to make a comeback David Haye could only dream of.
Back in the day, Paddy Power became the first bookmaker to run an offer of this type, when Danoli took to the start line at the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 1997.
Thankfully for our accountants, but unfortunately for those backing him, he fell with two to go.
We’ve have had a pretty chequered past with the promotion since then, and we famously got away with one on Cousin Vinny in 2009. Once again we rode our luck for the next two years when both Dunguib and Cue Card were beaten, but after that we had manners well and truly put on us.
Two of the legends of the Jumps game winning – Sprinter Sacre in the Arkle in 2012 and Hurricane Fly in the Champion Hurdle in 2013 – resulted in huge refunds being given to our loyal punters.
The madness continued further in 2015, when we had the double-whammy of refunding on both the Supreme Novices and Arkle after victories for Douvan and Un De Sceaux respectively. To add to the generosity of the offer, we also refunded losing accumulators on Douvan, Un De Sceaux, Faugheen and Annie Power after Annie’s fall that year at the last saved us from bookmaking Armageddon!
Now, the holiday season feels like the right time to welcome back the Money Back Special, and we’ve decided to kick it off with the Ladbrokes Trophy Chase (formerly known as the Hennessy Gold Cup) at 3pm Saturday.
How it works
- Money Back as a free on all losers if Total Recall or American win the Ladbrokes Trophy (3pm Newbury) max refund €/£10.
- The promotion is available for new and existing customers with registered Paddy Power accounts, aged 18 or over
- Money Back as a free bet on all losers if Total Recall or American win the Ladbrokes Trophy (3pm Newbury)
- Applies to singles placed pre-race only. Applies to the win part of each-way singles only (up to £/€10win). Your qualifying bet will be your first bet placed on the Win or Each Way Market in the 3pm Newbury
- In cases where more than one selection is placed on the same bet slip, the selection with the lowest bet reference number will count towards this promotion
- Max free bet EUR/GBP 10 per customer per week
- Free bet will be available to use on any horse racing market for 7 days from when it is credited.
So there you have it, as easy as ripping the wrapping paper off your presents.